welcome to my life.

To be hurt

To feel lost

To be left out in the dark

To be kicked when you're down

To feel like you've been pushed around

To be on the edge of breaking down

And no one's there to save you

No, you don't know what it's like

Welcome to my life

Do you wanna be somebody else?

Are you sick of feeling so left out?

Are you desperate to find something more

Before your life is over?

Are you stuck inside a world you hate?

Are you sick of everyone around?

With their big fake smiles and stupid lies

While deep inside you're bleeding

Welcome To My Life ~ Simple Plan

~

Luke's POV

I was walking to school when I saw a figure lying on the ground. I hesitated a moment before I finally decided to approach the figure and find out who it was. After I found out who it was, I wished I hadn't. 

"Ashton?" I heard myself say. I'm going to fucking kill Zayn! Wait, why do I care? I'm not supposed to care. I'm supposed to get over him. He doesn't like me.

"G-go away." He told me. Yeah, he hates me. Why else would he want me to go away when he's injured? He must be fucking insane if he thinks I'd actually leave him when he's alone and hurt.

"No, you're hurt. Let me help you." I said, trying to hold back tears. Seeing someone you love this hurt is heartbreaking. Especially when they won't let you help them.

"No, I don't want your fucking help. Leave me the fuck alone." He yelled at me, causing the few people out here to stare at us. 

"I don't care if you don't want my help, but I think you fucking need it." I yelled back, ignoring whatever stares we were getting.

"You don't care. Nobody does. Everyone acts like they do, when in reality, no one gives two shits about me." Ashton said, trying to stand up. He winced at almost every movement he made. My heart completely broke.

"I fucking care! If I didn't care, then I wouldn't be so upset over this! I wouldn't miss you! I wouldn't be broken! I wouldn't be in l-love with you!" I yelled, my voice breaking when I said "love." 

"You love me?" He asked me. I nodded, not bothering to wipe away the tears that were streaming down my face. We were already late to class, but who gives a shit. I don't even think I'll go today.

"Quit lying to me." He said. He looked like he actually believed that I was lying.

"I-I'm not. I'm so upset, and just...broken." I admitted to him and myself. I haven't been myself since he left me. He said one last thing before walking away.

"Welcome to my life."

~

 Ashton's POV

He didn't love me, did he? 

Of course not. 

Obviously. How could he? He's Luke. Just amazing, perfect, could have anyone he wants; Luke. Maybe he does like me? I don't know. It really seemed like he liked me and missed me and he was just brokenhearted. 

Or he's just a really good actor. 

For once, I don't believe my mind.

~

Zayn's POV

I slid down the walls in tears. They all know. They all know what I love to do. One of them is bound to find out why. Actually, I'm pretty sure they know. Or at least one. 

Harry.

He knows that I regret leaving Ashton. I could tell by how he looked at me. He knows I'm not the bad-ass I pretend to be. I'm just afraid. I'm just a coward. I ran. I ran away from Ashton because I didn't want to get bullied like I knew he probably was. I bullied him instead because I was afraid. I ran from all of my friends. I ran all the way home. Because I'm just a fucking coward.

I glanced at the knife that was in the kitchen. I'm not going back to those old habits.

The habits Ashton helped me stop.

Before I knew it, I had the knife held against my wrist. I quickly put it back and ran outside, sitting on the rusty old swing-set. It was attached to a playground, which held many memories. I rocked slight back and forth, glancing at my uncovered wrist.

There were some faded scars. There wasn't that many, since Ashton quickly found out and made sure I stopped. There weren't as many as I saw on his wrist. 

I led him to that after he led me away from it.

He's broken. All because of me. 

Might as well break myself as well.

~

Harry's POV

I walked up to Zayn's door. I knew it would be unlocked, because that's just what Zayn did. He never locked the door because he thinks he could kick anyone's ass that tried to break in. I always smiled slightly thinking about those little things.

I pushed open the door, walking into the kitchen. He usually went there after school. I pushed open the door and was shocked at what I saw.

Zayn was cutting himself.

I quickly ran towards him, grabbing the knife out of his hands and tossing it God knows where. I grabbed a rag and placed it on his wrist. I was grateful I got here quickly. There was only about three cuts and they weren't that deep.

"Don't you ever fucking do that again, you hear me?" I demanded in a rather harsh voice. I didn't care, though. He just has to know it pissed me off and he'll know to stop. I hope.

"I-I'm sorry." He said.

"You're apologizing to the wrong person." I stated. That should've been obvious.

"I know. I fucking up, didn't I, Haz?" He asked me. 

"We all fuck up sometimes, Zayn. You just gotta make up for it." He broke down in my arms. He didn't know how to fix his mistake. He didn't know how to fix Ashton. He didn.t know how to fix himself. He just didn't know.

"Shh. I-It's okay. You're gonna be okay. It happens, Z. I promise it just happens. We'll get through it. You'll get through it. Ashton will get through it. It'll all be o-okay." I said, rubbing random shapes on his back. I just gave him false promises. I know he'll be okay, because he'll give in and let me help him. 

Who knows if Ashton will be okay.

"I broke him so fucking much." He said.

"We all break t-things, Zayn. I broke my mum's vase yesterday." I said, laughing. He laughed, too. And that's just what we did for awhile. Laughed.

"I missed you, Hazza." He admitted, wiping away the last of his tears.

"I have to admit, I missed you, too, Z." I confessed, too.

"How do I fix this?" He asked me. I already knew the answer for this question. For three years, now, actually. 

"You have to fix him."

~