skin and bones.

Feeling so easy

Make me skin and bones

I'm always on my knees for you

You break like it's even

When you're leaving it

Thin, where the hell have you been?

Skin and Bones ~ Marianas Trench

~

Luke's POV

My heart was racing. This is what I was waiting for. I was about to see Ashton. I might've went a little-or a lot-over the speed limit, but I was about to see Ashton! Who cares about some dumb numbers on a sign anyway? 

I parked my car, taking a deep breath. What if he doesn't want to see me? What if he doesn't even remember me? That couldn't happen. I can't let that happen. He has to want to see me. He has to remember me. I got so close to giving up. I have to see him or I might get even closer.

I exited my car, slamming the door and running towards the entrance. The lady behind the counter smiled at my arrival. I walked over to her, breathing heavily from running.

"He's awake." She announced, as if I hadn't already heard. I nodded.

"I've heard. So, uh, can I see him?" I asked, praying that her answer was yes.

"Of course! Go right on up. You remember the room?" She questioned. Of course! I've been here everyday since he was admitted into here! Of fucking course I remember the room!

I didn't say that, though. I just nodded and ran to the elevator. I was bouncing slightly. I couldn't wait. Of course, the few others in here thought I was insane, but I don't care.

God, could this elevator be any fucking slower?

It finally got to my stop, and I darted out of it. Okay, it looked a little bit more like skipping. Manly skipping, of course. I was skipping down a hallway, in a hospital, most likely looking like an idiot. But I'm about to see Ashton, so that didn't even matter.

I stood in front of the door, my hand on the knob. I took a minute to think.

If I open this door, I may get my boyfriend back.

If I open this door, I may discover that he hates me.

If I open this door, I may get my heart broken.

The possibilities were endless.

Fuck it. I'm opening the door. A thousand things could go wrong, and a thousand things could go right. How am I supposed to find out if I just stand on the wrong side of the door?

I turned the knob, opening the door and walking in. Ashton looked up at me, his eyes lighting up with happiness.

"Luke!" He he yelled excitedly, attempting to get up and run to me. He just sat up before he crashed back into his previous position. He was breathing heavily, as if he was out of breath just from those tiny movements.

It made my heart fucking break.

I walked over to him, sitting in the chair that I had always sat in. I had moved it right next to his bed the first day he was here. The doctors never moved it or asked about it. This time was different from all the other times.

This time he actually knew I was here.

I kissed his cheek and hugged him. I would've kissed him on the lips, but I didn't quite know if he would be okay with that.