Part 13

James returned and sighed with huge relief to see Clint and Maria at his house.

"Aunt Maria, uncle Barton" he rushed to hug them.

"Jamesey" Maria kissed his cheeks.

"Thank God you both are back. I was having so much trouble. Mom doesn't remember. She needs to fall in love with daddy again. Or else.. " he hiccupped.

"Don't worry pal, your parents would unite soon" Clint winked at Maria.

"Yeah, they would " Maria blushed.

"James? Bath first! " James heard Natasha and quickly rushed inside with Anthony.

Natasha had Joey in her arms, "He is so cute" she said, playing with him.

"You are soooo obsessed with Steve" Maria rolled his eyes.

"What does my son's cuteness have to do with Steve? " Natasha asked irritated.

"Uhm, well nothing, just the fact that he is his father's carbon copy " Maria smiled sarcastically.

"Mama! " Joey pulled on her shirt. She brought him closer to her chest, letting him hide his face in it.

"They are all so cute. And they love me so much. How is it that I love them all the same? How am I capable of such love? I don't understand. Just a few days back I thought I had no one, and now" Natasha got tears in her eyes, "James, he.. He makes me feel complete. Anthony makes me feel alive, Maggie makes me feel happy and proud, Tom makes me feel needed, and Joey, my little Joey makes me feel love. I have five kids. And I.. I want to.. " she started sobbing.

"Don't cry, you can have more kids if you want to feel the pregnancy and labor" Clint said.

"You know Steve wouldn't consent. He was so worried at the time of Joey and Tom. And she got two instead of one. He was hysteric" Maria said, "he wouldn't want more kids, at any cost. Especially after what these kids went through when she was gone".

Natasha hugged Joey tighter, "its not just pregnancy or labor I want to feel. I... I want to live the moments these kids gave me. The feel of James kicking inside me. My first child. The feel of Anthony birthing, the news of my daughter. The feeling of two babies inside me. I want my memories back" she cried.

"Its okay Nat" Clint rubbed her back, "We'll find a way".

"Mama" Joey said innocently, and she kissed his hand.

"I love my baby" she told him.

"You ought to love his daddy too" Maria said.

Natasha looked away, and just then Steve entered the room with Anthony and James.

"Get on the table, lunch is ready" He said.

"Papa" Joey said, "Papa, mama, papa" Joey leaned his head on Natasha's shoulder and called Steve.

"Yes, baby. You have your mama" Steve stroked his cheek when Natasha got up.

"Too bad your papa doesn't have his wife" Clint teased. Natasha felt embarrassed.

They all sat down on the table.

"Where is king of mischief? " Maria asked.

"My Tommy is napping " Natasha said.

James looked at Maria and then Clint and then focussed on his food. Anthony was too sleepy to eat properly.

"You look so tired" Natasha said, "Go to sleep, you can eat when you wake up ".

"Okay mommy" he said, and giving her a kiss on the cheek, he left for his room.

When they all had ate full, Maria stood up.

"Who wants to go to the park? " she asked.

"Me" James stood up, "and we'll pick Maggie from uncle Tony's".

"Paak, paak" Joey said excited. Natasha adored him and kissed his cheek.

"Give him to us, and wake Tommy too, we'll all go" Maria said.

Natasha nodded and prepared the kids.

"Dad, we need to talk, man to man" James said.

Steve raised his eyebrows, "yes? "

"Dad, you'll be alone with mommy so... Please.. Make her fall in love with you again" he said.

"James! Its not that easy" he said.

"You can do it daddy, I have faith in you" he said.

And then all of them left. Steve was left alone with Natasha.

"I.. " she tried to speak.

"You need something? " he asked.

"No, I.. I need.. I" she didn't have words.

"I need something though " he said.

"What? " she asked.

"You" he said.

Natasha blushed, she looked down. Steve stepped closer to her, but didn't touch her. She looked back at him, her heartbeat raced. She flung her arms around his neck, and hugged him tightly.

"I am sorry" she said. He wrapped his arms around her waist.

"I love you" he said, his voice thick and heavy.

Natasha took a deep breath, not parting from him. They stayed in each other's embrace for sometime.

"I have an idea " he said, and she moved back.

"What idea? " she asked.

"I know someone who can help with your memory. Dr. Strange, he is sorcerer supreme and also a neurosurgeon. He can help us, and then we can take Wanda with us too. " he said.

"Really? Steve, please, please take me fast" she said.

"We would go tomorrow, I promise" he said.

She smiled, and then standing on tiptoes, she touched her lips on his, giving him a long peck. He closed his eyes and felt her presence, took her fragrance in. Her arms went to his shoulders, and his hands made their way into her shirt.

She liked the touch of his fingers on her skin. She opened her mouth, and let his tongue slip in. Their kiss intensified, as he ravished her mouth. His hands made their way to her bra hook, unhooking it.

"I want you" he said, looking into her eyes, and kissed her neck, his arms wrapped around her thighs, pulling them up, he carried her into the room and closed the door.

He lay her on the bed, but moved away.

"I am sorry" he said, and left before she could react. He was desperate and lonely, and she couldn't see him like that.

"I am yours Steve" she said, "we will be us again, tonight ".

*****
There are so many cupids here😂
Would Dr. Strange and Wanda be able to help?
Do give your reviews.