Part 12

Natasha was sitting with a large album on her lap, when Steve joined her.

"This is when we found out you were pregnant with James" he told her, "you were so shocked, and scared".

Natasha looked at him, tears filled her eyes, "I couldn't ... And I did right? " she asked.

"Yes, you did. You gave me five beautiful children " he said.

She turned the pages of the album, "You looked so beautiful with the baby bump " he said, and she laughed.

And then she saw James first picture, he was so tiny and weak in her arms.

"He is so cute" she said.

"You were so happy, more then any mother could ever be" he said.

She kept turning pages, watching all the pictures if James, his head holding, his first bite of food, him crawling, walking, his first birthday. Her pregnancy again, James and Steve adoring her baby bump, little Anthony in her arms, his days growing up.

"Here we found out we were having a daughter" he said, they both held the ultrasound in their hand and smiled heavily, "I was so happy, the idea of a daughter made me mad".

Natasha smiled, "She is so pretty" she said.

"Just like you" he said. They were lost in each other's eyes for a moment.

"Here we found out about your fourth pregnancy " he said.

"You don't look as happy as in the previous pictures" she said.

"Well, I didn't.. We already had three, and they tire you so much, and then there wasn't much gap in between, but then you did conceive, and well, I was concerned for your health " he said.

She smiled, he loved her so much, "This is where we found we are having twins right? " she asked.

"Yes, you went crazy then, so happy, two in one package. And you looked so beautiful then, it was crazy. The kids and I just adored you all the time during that pregnancy" he said, "And here they are, Joey the innocent, and Tom the mischievous ".

She laughed, "I am so glad to have such beautiful kids" she said.

"You were crazy for the kids, and so are they. " he said.

"Steve! " she looked into his eyes, "I wasn't, I still am crazy for my kids" she said.

His heart melted, of course, she still was crazy for their kids, she was their mother after all.

"I wish I could recall everything, I want to live those moments, feel their kicks inside me, hear their heartbeat, and I want to go through the pain of childbirth, I want to feel them sliding out if me, oh God, I want to feel the birth of every child of mine" she was teary eyed.

"Natasha, you will" Steve said, "we'll find a way" he put his arm around her shoulder and she rested her head on his chest. Staying like that for a while.

Until the door bell rang. "I'll see",  Steve said.

Steve returned with a man, shorter then him, thin but muscular, especially his arms, short hair and small eyes. And a girl, tall and smart, with dark brown hair and eyes.

"Natasha!! " they both said. She stood up, still confused who they were.

"You don't even remember me? " the guy asked cupping her face, "how can you forget your best friend? " he asked.

"Clint!! " Steve put a hand on his shoulder, "please, she is trying hard".

Uncle Clint and aunt Maria, she remembered James talking about them, so this must be Maria.

"I am sorry, I.... I don't even remember the birth of my children" Natasha said and tears escaped her eyes.

"No, I am sorry Nat, please " Clint hugged her. And she felt the warmth of his brotherly embrace. You don't need memories to feel affection for a person. Steve was right. She immediately knew this man was her brother for years.

"Hey Nat" Maria spread her arms and she hugged her, "welcome back".

"Thanks Maria" she said.

"I didn't tell you my name" she said excitedly.

"James did" Natasha replied. And both laughed.

"I'll bring some snacks" Steve said, giving the friends some space.

Clint and Maria sat down. She was instantly comfortable with them, she knew them from heart.

"So, are you already in love with your husband again? " Maria asked. Natasha blushed.

"When Agent Romanoff blushes, it is only for our great Captain America. So its obvious Hill" Clint said, "by the way, my wife Laura and my three kids miss you as much"he added.

"You should have brought them" Natasha said.

"We just returned from the mission, and Fury told us and we rushed. I am sure Laura will kick his ass and invite you over" Maria said.

"All my kids are elder to yours so, she even wanted us to have more, to befriend yours. Though Nathaniel and James do get well. Nath is just three years elder" he said.

"Are you fine? Fitting in well? " Maria asked.

"I am, I just want my memories back, I want to remember the birth of my kids" Natasha said sadly.

"And she's back to her obsession with her kids. Poor Cap, have you been back to bed with him? " Clint asked.

"No, no. Not yet. We are.. We just.. Made out once.. After a date... He kept staring at my cleavage and.. So.. " Natasha blabbered.

Clint and Maria laughed, "Right! So he has to stare at other places for you to let him in. Come on babe, stop playing with the old man's heart. You stole his virginity, you rule his heart, give him what he must be in dire desire off" Maria said.

"But.. I.. " Natasha didn't know what to say.

"You still love him, don't you? " Clint asked.

Natasha looked down, her heart skipped several beats, her cheeks flushed.

"Don't answer, we can see that on your face" Maria said, "stop torturing the poor soul, go on. He needs you".

Steve returned and they fell silent. Natasha was too embarrassed and flushed.

"I'll check on the kids" she said and got up.

"What happened? " Steve asked grabbing her arm. Natasha felt currents running down her spine.

"Nothing,.. " she put her hand on her neck in nervousness, "I just... Tom must be up, lemme see" she rushed away.

And Clint and Maria laughed, confusing Steve further.

*****
Please unite them Clint and Maria. Poor James needs help 😂.
Mission, unite romanogers.
Do give your reviews.