xi

As much as I wanted Jongdae to see my present for him that day. It didn't happen. The doctors gave him sedatives. He was asleep for who knows how long. They told me that ever since I left last night, Jongdae was experiencing severe stomach pain due to cancer. The pain killers weren't working so they had no choice to put Jongdae to sleep, to ease the pain he was experiencing. 

I sat beside his bed, wondering when he'll wake up and see my surprise for him. Tell him that I bought him a present and he had accomplished another thing in his list. 

Whenever I look at him, he was pale. He's thin and has dark circles around his eyes that I never noticed when we were together. 

How could I not notice, am I not that kind of an observer? 

"Hyung? Hyung! Hyung!? Where are you!" He cried, but he had his eyes closed. I panicked and immediately stood up and tried to wake him up.

"Hey, hey Jongdae! Wake up! I'm here!" He was shaking, and I tried to wake him up. But he kept trashing. I pressed the emergency button, alarming others that we needed help. At the corner of the room I can hear Jongdae's poodle whimper. He was scared and I was scared too.

Doctors came in including Baekhyun. They tried to wake Jongdae up. I watched them do everything they can. 

"Where is Minseok hyung? Tell me where he is!" He was finally awake, and I didn't waste any second to walk towards him. As soon as I got closer to him he reached upon me and hugged me tight. 

I can feel how scared he was.

-

After that incident, Jongdae was quiet, the doctors left, he saw my gift and I can see in his eyes that he was happy, but he didn't speak a word. Baekhyun told me that Jongdae often had nightmares. 

"Hey." Jongdae was playing with his new pet. He looked at me.

"Yes hyung?"

"Did you like my present?" He nodded enthusiastically. "What should we name him?" I haven't thought of a name for the dog since I bought it for Jongdae. It only meant that he has the right to name the dog since he's the owner.

"Hmmm," he lifted the dog like a baby and soon set it again above his legs. He gets too tired easily and I understand.