Chapter 13: For better or worse

The Dark Castle,

Belle was sitting in her sofa in the library, a book in hand. This morning Rumple had left so early, she didn't have a chance to say goodbye or ask where he was going. As soon as she heard the door open and slam shut, she rushed to the ground floor to welcome her beloved home.

-Rumple! She exclaimed with a big smile.

-My Sweetheart! He exclaimed in turn.

-Where have you been?

-I was in town visiting the market, but I found nothing interesting while I was there.

-Why don't you sit down, I have prepared a wonderful meal for us! Said Belle.

They both settled at the table and shared the delicious meal that Belle had made. But she noticed that Rumple was not himself. She knew he was holding back, hiding something. She tried to ask more questions about his visit to the market this morning.

-So did you buy anything from the Market today?

-Oh, nothing special... just went to see if there was any interesting business there.

-You promised Rumple, that you would not make anymore deals, she said in a worried tone.

-I have promised you, and I have kept my promise to you Sweetheart, he replied in a reassuring tone, while putting his hand on hers.

-But it is true; I have not told you the whole truth about this morning.

Belle withdrew her hand hesitantly, fearing what Rumple would say. He then rose from his chair and approached Belle.

-I did in fact find something at the market. Something very beautiful, but not as valuable as the woman I love. He knelt down on bended knee, and took from his pocket a small golden box. He opened it, extending is shaking arms out to Belle.

-Could a woman as beautiful as you, marry someone as miserable as me?

Belle looked at him, her eyes filling with tears

-Oh Rumple! You're not a miserable man! You're....you're my true love, and you are in every way perfect to me

-Will you marry me, Belle? His soft brown eyes filled with hope.

-How Moving! Threw an unknown voice

Rumple and Belle, startled, suddenly threw their gaze to this person. Rumple straightened

-What are you doing here Regina? He asked.

-Well I heard rumors the Dark One had lost his powers. So I had to see for myself if these rumors were true, and by the looks of you, they are! She said with a smirk.

-Go away Regina, you are not welcome here! He glared at her.

- What a pity, I thought you would have invited me to your little celebration Rumple, I thought you had better manners then this.

- I told you to go away! He growled with a look of warning, as he slowly approached her.

-Or what? Are you going to hit me with that stick that serves as your cane! She said, chuckling, her tone becoming threatening. Belle moved forward, as Rumple then immediately put is arm out to hold her back, protecting her, letting her know to not approach Regina.

-So seems the Beauty has fallen in love with the Beast, what a strange little creature she is, but there is one thing you have forgotten Rumple, love is weakness, and without your powers, you are nothing!

With a burst of magic, she threw Rumple against the wall, as he fell to the ground, Belle cried out for Rumple, as she rushed to his side.

-Why do you want to hurt him! She said sobbing.