Eddie Kaspbrak x Reader

You sat on a rock next to the quarry, watching your friends play in the water.

You had been hanging out with The Losers' for about two or three months now. They really enjoyed having you around. Not only because you were such a great friend, but Henry bullied them a bit less.

"Y/N! Come swim, the water's great!" Richie yelled.

You shook your head and politely declined.

He simply shrugged and went back to splashing Stanley.

Eddie noticed you were a little off. You had gone to the quarry only two other times this summer and both other times, you sat out.

And there you were, once again watching them from the shore.

Eddie sighed and began swimming towards you.

"E-Eddie!" Bill called, gesturing for him to get on his shoulders.

He shot you one last concerned glance and hopped up onto Bill's shoulders.

You let out a long breath of relief. Knowing Eddie, he was probably going to ask you why you weren't swimming.

But you were too afraid to tell anyone about your fear. You thought it was stupid and embarrassing. You couldn't swim, and that was only fueling your fear of water.

Eddie couldn't keep his eyes off of you as Richie pushed him off into the water.

You stared as Eddie swam over to you once again and pushed himself up onto the rock.

"What's wrong?" He asked, concern laced through his tone.

"Nothing," you lied, turning your head away from him.

"Look at me." He commanded, yet in a sweet way.

You slowly turned your head towards him again.

His head tilted to the side slightly. God he's so cute, you thought to yourself as you stared into his deep, brown eyes.

"You can tell me..." He whispered, clearly eager to know what was bothering you.

You thought for a moment, debating if you should tell him the truth or not. "I..." You paused as he looked at you. "I can't swim..." You finished, feeling a giant weight lift off of your shoulders.

"I'll teach you," he took your hand in his, sending butterflies flying rapidly through your stomach.

"Okay," you agreed and turned your head to make sure the others didn't hear.

But they were gone...

"Huh? Where did everybody-" you were suddenly cut off by Eddie. He gripped your waist tightly and walked towards the water.

"You ready?" He asked with a strange smile on his face.

"Wh-what? Not ye-" He didn't let you finish, he simply pushed you into the water.

"Ed!" You screamed as you struck the surface of the water.

You could feel the weeds at the bottom of the lake wrap around your ankles and wrists, pulling you deeper into the cold, dark water.