Chapter 7:Unpredictable

CHAPTER 7

Weddings are unpredictable, especially for the young man that's about to wed. Milo gazed downward through the aeroplane's window pane watching as the clouds painted the dawned surface of the tall buildings in the city of Hong Kong, below. It reminded him of milk and cereal being spilt across the table. He rested in the leather chair comfortably and attentively listening to the flight attendant indicating about their arrival to the airport would take about three minutes. Many passengers nodded cheerfully and started chatting, while the aeroplane started descending for landing, Milo interlocked his hands and uttered a prayer, 'Lord, thanks for bringing me and everyone here safely. Let your will be done. Amen.' He yawned looking at the second flight attendant mentioning that they have landed and thanking their passengers for flying with them afterward escorted the people included Milo, to the aeroplane's exit walking down a metal attached staircase.

As soon as his feet touched the firm ground, Milo could feel a sense of liberation. He approached the airport's entrance and went through intense security and customs inspection: scanning of luggage, indicator scans and body check. Once that was done, Milo went and got his passport stamped with the Hong Kong's visa seal and then left into the outer area filled with relatives and friends. Milo had recalled his closest comrade and best friend, Jinyoung, who is connected with China's government, had arranged a chauffeur to transport him to a private facility in the countryside recommending it for protection for his fiancé Layla, her family and him. Milo didn't expect the encounter of fourteen men wearing suits secure with firearms holding a long banner with a capitalized code that containing his best friend year of birth, 1992 and his middle name, Richie. The men darkened shades reflected the sunlight as Milo walked toward them and then one of the curious bodyguards spoke.

'Milo Richie Noelle?' questioned the scar face Chinese older man, who scanned Milo according to the description given and the picture that identify their individual, that Jinyoung had mention through the video call.

Milo nodded, 'Yes, I am,' observing the picture the Chinese man held on the screen of his tablet's surface was of him and Jinyoung at training camp in the military in their younger days. 'I see that Jinyoung sent you our training day's photo. What a stressful and tiring event, but most memorable and educational I must say,' he smiled and shook the man's hand firmly.

'Not all experiences are good,' he answered sourly and smirked, 'I'm Captain Yuen Ning Yi and this is my squad.'

'Nice meet to all of you,' Milo greeted. They nodded gratefully in response.

Captain Ning Yi added, 'We must hurry your wedding is about to begin really soon,' he began approaching the exit ahead of his men with Milo, who agreed. 'I suggest you change into your bridegrooms' suit in the van.'

'This is going to be so untraditional for me,' Milo remarked awkwardly.

Captain Ning Yi and his men laughed as they all board the black bulletproof van, 'You'll bring good luck for the bride walking down the aisle,' the Captain joked and advice their driver to go ahead before handing Milo, the nylon case containing his clothing. Milo unzipped it and removing the outfit hung it on the top side iron bar of the van and started undressing, grabbed the white long sleeve shirt putting it on and button it, shoved the white jacket with the green handkerchief in the front pocket on, slip on the pants and then zip it, buckled the belt and then tied his shoes' shoelaces. When he lifted his head, the squad Vice Captain Wu Fei Lee gave a bouquet of aquamarine tulips to him to hold.

'You'll return these to your bride,' Vice Captain Fei Lee informed. 'She is waiting for you at the altar as we speak,' and clipped on his green bowtie.

'She is not going to be happy,' Milo scratched the right side of his neck, 'She might as well smack me in the face.'

'Wishing for that can happen,' Captain Ning Yi warned. 'It's best to have a little faith that things go well.'