Ch. 22 The Scooby-Doo Gang

LOOK AT ME UPDATING TWICE AGAIN. I'M ON A ROLL. IT FEELS SO NICE UPDATING AFTER SO LONG. I KNOW ITS BEEN A FEW WEEKS SINCE THE LAST UPDATE. I AM SO SORRY ABOUT THAT. I DIDN'T KNOW WHERE I WAS TAKING THE TWO CHARTERS. ITS FINE NOW BECAUSE EVERYTHING IS SET IN PLACE. THINGS WILL PICK UP AFTER THIS CHAPTER. I PROMISE.

ENJOY.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

CHRISTIAN'S POV

"Idiot!"

"I'm the idiot? I thought it was a need to know bases and now it is!"

"If we didn't care about your dumbass, you would have kept us in the dark!"

"That's not true!"

Why do I even bother arguing with Elaina?

Uncle John and Bailey's parents decided to have their own little meeting after explaining what was going on to my friends so we were left alone in the living room. Elaina didn't waste time and instantly started to go off on me about how dumb I was. Well she's not exactly wrong.

Danny tried his best to calm her down but he was doing a terrible job. She kept shoving him away and telling him to let her give me a piece of her mind. I could see Bailey try not to laugh at me getting yelled at. I glared at her when our eyes met and she quickly looked away but I can see the smile.

I groaned because I knew Elaina was right about keeping quiet. If they never showed up at my house to check up on me, I would have said nothing to them. Bailey was right about there being less people being in this situation. If she had any say in anything, it would be to make sure my friends and I weren't involved at all. I could just imagine her withdrawing from us to make sure that nothing happened but Elaina wouldn't have that. She would make Bailey cave somehow.

"Well we know everything now so what do we do? We have school to worry about afterall," Danny said, as he rubbed Elaina's back. I just shrugged at him. School? I wasn't exactly worried about it.

"We'll leave that to my parents and John to figure out. They're the ones he really wants and they know how he is from experience," Bailey explained, before she finished her glass of water. I couldn't tell how she felt about all this. Are you scared like I am?

We were met with a silence after awhile. It felt kind of awkward and I didn't know what to do or say to change the atmosphere. Bailey grabbed the remote and turned the TV on. The familiar theme song and intro of mom's show was playing on the big screen. I frowned and shook my head when the thought of Stephanie going after mom popped in my head. Mom is okay. She has to be.

"Isn't this your mom's show? I haven't gotten a chance to check it out." Elaina said, as she stared at the screen. I nodded and watched the show.

"Your mom is an actress? How come I've never knew this?" Bailey asked, sounding really surprised when she looked at me with wide eyes.

"Well we weren't exactly friends and not really talking to each other, remember?" I said, hoping she wasn't reminded of the little fight we had before all this happened.

"That's right." She muttered, sounding a bit sad. She was probably thinking I wouldn't hear her. She probably did remember the fight. Do you feel bad? I hope you don't.

She seemed completely calm about everything that has happened. That was the first time I heard her slightly upset since our argument and it had nothing to do with Garrett and Stephanie. I wanted to ask her how she really felt about what's going on. She had to be scared and unsure of what's going to happen. I know I am.

The whole point of the truce was to put aside our differences and work together. Things can maybe change and we can actually be friends if we actually tried to get along. It would sure help me be in good graces with Elaina if she knew we got along.

We fell into a comfortable silence this time and enjoy the show. What time was it? The morning was so hectic that I didn't even get to finish my breakfast. If Bailey thinks I don't know she ate my bacon then she's wrong. She was the only one in the room when I came back afterall.

"What are you smiling at?" Danny asked, when the commercials came on the screen. I looked at him like he was crazy. I wasn't smiling.

"I don't know what you're on about." I said, when all three of them were looking at me. When my eyes landed on Bailey, I instantly looked back at the TV. Why does my face feel hot all of the sudden?

"Whatever you say dude." Danny said, chuckling a little at me. Something tells me he doesn't believe me.

I'm about to deny it some more until I saw the three adults walk into the living room. I grabbed the remote and turned off the TV and we sat there waiting for whatever we were about to find out. That was a long meeting. I wonder what they discussed that couldn't be shared with us until they were done.

"Well good news is that Stephanie was taken to the station for questioning. The bad news is that there's no sign of Garrett", Uncle John said, when we're all settled on the sofa. That bastard was probably laughing at us right now.

"Is it safe to go to school? My parents will kick my ass if I miss classes", Danny asks, sounding a bit scared of his parents. Elaina rubbed his shoulder to comfort him. Wimp. They're not that bad.

"Well for now it seems fine but I'll have some of my officers on patrol at your school just in case he tries to make an appearance", Uncle John says, before his cell phone rings. He excuses himself to answer it in his room.

"Bailey, I think it's best you stay here", Alyssa suggests, as she grabs Bailey's hands and holds them in hers. What? I suddenly don't like that idea.

"I like going to school though. It's the first time I felt like a regular teenager. I even made friends while I was there", Bailey explains, smiling at her mom before gesturing to Danny, Elaina, and I. Don't you dare smile Christian.

"She'll be fine Miss Cunningham. We'll be with her all the time. All three of us will be like a second skin to her", Elaina says, as she got up to sit next to Bailey and put her arm around her shoulders. If she's good at anything, it's being persuasive.

"Yeah, we definitely will", I agree, slightly surprised how quick I was to agree with Elaina. I wasn't the only one surprised judging by everyone's reactions. Landon looked like he was glaring at me though. If a glare could kill. I swallowed and looked down.

"It's no trouble for us," Danny says, making me look up at him. He was grinning at me. Asshole. I can already hear him teasing me when we're alone.

"We can't keep her from the world forever, Aly. I'm sure she'll be safer there with her friends by her side than here by herself", Landon explains, rubbing her back. Alyssa sighs and nods which I assume is her agreeing with us.

By the time Uncle John came back to the living room, we were watching a movie that was on the channel we left it on. Danny and Elaina left soon after the movie ended. I ignored Danny's grin and constant elbow pokes when I said goodbye to them. The idiot was never one to pass up a chance to get on my nerves.

"So, how about we have that conversation about Garrett and my parents now that we're alone."

It's going to be a long night.