Ch. 10 Like Brother Like Sister

OKAY HERE IS ANOTHER UPDATE. IT'S A SPECIAL ONE TOO!!!!!! GET READY TO BE INTRODUCED TO ANOTHER CHARACTER'S THOUGHTS. YOU'LL BE SURPRISED AND WONDER WHAT'S GOING TO HAPPEN NEXT. SORRY FOR NO UPDATING DURING MY SPRING BREAK. IT TURNS OUT THAT SOMEONE LIKES USING THE SAME LAPTOP I USE MORE THAN THEIR OWN SO IT WAS REALLY HARD TO GET THEM OFF.

A/N 12/30/12 : So almost done with this editing thing.....

ENJOY.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

STEPHANIE'S POV

"Garrett, if the trail is cold then maybe you should come back. I don't understand why you continue to obsess with that girl. Why don't you just quit this stupid game you're playing?" I said, during a video chat with my brother.

"I need to find her. You know I don't like loose ends. She's not the only one I need to get rid of. That stupid boyfriend of hers is still on my shit list, along with his sidekick," he explained, as he ran one of his hands in his hair.

My dear stupid brother is so stubborn. He still owes me for letting him leave town in my car when he went to search for those stupid kids. I'm getting tired of helping him with his stupid game when things get messy. I don't want him to go to jail so it's my duty as his sister to keep him out of there. I guess it's my fault that I made him who he is today but I don't regret it. I was not about to put him in a mental institute. That would just be too cruel of me so I let him run free in society and so what if he rids the world of a few annoying rich girls. The ransom money is great too, though we haven't gotten any because he has been obsessing over the same group of annoying kids since that one summer.

"If it makes you get off my back for a while, I will stop by for a short visit. You can introduce me to this new family of yours," Garrett explained, after a few minutes of silence. Well, I get my way somehow. I'm not fully satisfied though.

"Great! Watch what you say around here because my ungrateful stepson has been hanging around his uncle a lot," I said, as I heard the front door open and shut. Speak of the little punk and he shall appear.

I said a quick goodbye to Garrett before ending our video chat. Christian was grumbling about girls and their attitudes when I walked out of the living room. He was heading for the stairs and didn't notice that I was in the foyer with him. I quietly followed behind him while wondering how I'm able to sneak around him so well.

"Christian! Where the hell have you been? You know the rules. You're supposed to come here straight from school," I said, as I put my hands on my hips. I had to keep this kid on a short leash. It was bad enough that he was hanging out with his annoying uncle.

"Will you just shut up Stephanie?! I'm not in the mood to deal with another psycho stepmother episode from you!" he yelled, before stomping up the stairs to his room. A few seconds later, I heard his door slam shut.

"That brat had no right to talk to me like that," I muttered, as I headed up the stairs. If he thinks I'm just going to let him step all over me, he's is dead wrong.

When I made it to his room, He was yelling about some girl and how he will never lay eyes on her again. I couldn't help but laugh at this boy's anger towards this girl. She must have rejected him pretty bad if he's this pissed. I pressed an ear on the door as he continued to yell.

"Why does she have to be so stubborn? I was just trying to be sensitive which is pretty hard for me. She should have just accepted my shoulder to cry on and vent about Landon rejecting the idea that she's his daughter. Man, this girl is driving me crazy!" Christian yelled, before throwing something at the door. I decided to barge in when he did that.

"What is your problem? You need to respect me, young man! You wait until your father hears about your sour attitude towards me! You better clean this mess up!" I yelled, as soon as I was in his room.

"You're not my mother you crazy bitch!" he yelled when I left his room. I gritted my teeth when I heard that comment. He is really asking for it. I'm tired of him telling me that and I'm tired of hearing how proud he is about his stupid mother.

I didn't reply to his comment. He will get what he deserves soon enough. I can't stand the way he defies me and his father doesn't do much to punish the little punk. When I made it back downstairs, I paced around the living room as a way to try to calm down from our altercation. I didn't want to do something I would regret. There would be no way to help my brother from inside a jail cell.

I began to think back to what he was yelling about before I had barged in. This girl was Landon's daughter? How is that possible if he was busy looking for that stupid girl that my brother is obsessed with? Unless this happened before he left town. That would mean this girl is the lead my brother needed. Oh, this is good.

Garrett's trip here won't be so bad for him when I tell him this news. I guess Christian was useful for something. He just sealed that girl's fate and he doesn't even know it. I began to laugh hysterically but pretended to have a bad cough when I saw Christian walk into the living room. He didn't need to know what I was laughing about. He might go warn his uncle and the others. We didn't need that if my brother planned on doing something.