Ch. 8 Now What?

A NEW UPDATE FOR YOU GUYS. I KNOW IT'S LATER THAN WHAT I SAID BUT HEY AT LEAST I MADE SOME TIME TO GET IT OUT. I'M GOING TO START A NEW SCHEDULE SINCE MY PREVIOUS ONE SEEMS TO NOT EXIST ANYMORE EVER SINCE I STARTED COLLEGE. SO THE NEW SCHEDULE STARTS ON THE NEXT UPDATE WHICH WILL HOPEFULLY BE NEXT WEEKEND. SORRY BUT IT'S GOING TO HAVE TO BE ONE UPDATE EACH WEEKEND.

 A/N 12/30/12: Hiya! almost done editing these chapters!

ENJOY.

 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

CHRISTIAN'S POV

I wanted to know what was going on in the house but I couldn't get close enough because I would probably seem like a creepy stalker. This isn't like me at all. I don't follow a girl home and watch her house like some nut job. I debated whether or not I should stop stick around a bit longer. My decision was made when I saw Landon storm out of the house. Uncle John had run out of the house and followed him.

"Landon! Where are you going?" Uncle John yelled as he followed Landon to his car. Something went down in there and it made me wonder if Bailey was okay.

"She lied to me! All this time she kept a huge secret from me! What the hell is wrong with her?" Landon yelled back before he kicked one of the tires on his car.

"You know why she didn't tell you, idiot. She was just trying to protect everyone. She probably thought you would drop everything and search for her in California. It would be a bad idea for you to do that because you have Garrett following your every move," Uncle John explained, as he crossed his arms across his chest.

"I guess you're right but what am I supposed to do? Obviously, I've missed out on most of that girl's life so it's going to be awkward,” Landon said when he seemed to calm himself down.

"Well, why don't you start with telling her what happened that summer. She needs to know the truth about everything and who better to tell her than her own father," Uncle John suggested as he continued to stand in front of Landon.

"I don't know if that's a good idea. Why is she here without Aly anyway?" he said, leaning onto his car.

I couldn't believe that Landon was Bailey's dad and I guess the rumors of her mother running away were just a cover-up. Bailey was probably freaking out about meeting her dad. She would need someone to talk to about this whole thing and seeing how I'm pretty much the only one she socialized with, I guess I would be that person. Normally I wouldn't be worrying so much about one person but somehow these last few days Bailey had managed to make me worry about her. Uncle John did want me to keep an eye on her. I was about to make my presence known when I heard Uncle John reply.

"Are you sure Garrett has been following you? There could be a chance that he realized that you would never meet up with Aly and decided to search for her himself," Uncle John said, as he began to pace back and forth in front of Landon. He usually did that when he was thinking really hard.

"I'm sure. I mean I think so? Damn it! I don't know!" Landon yelled as he slammed his hands on the hood of his car. This Garrett guy must be trouble.

They seemed to be deep in thought after that so I figured it was the perfect time to sneak behind them and head straight for the front door without them noticing me. I didn't feel like explaining why I was here. I was just a few feet from the house until I heard someone open the front door. I ran for the side of the house before they could see me. When I looked around the corner of the house, I saw a couple leave the house and head for a car. They were stopped by Landon and looked like they were having a heated conversation. Uncle John tried to calm them down by coming between them.

I left my hiding place and decided to help my uncle out since he seemed to have trouble keeping the man and Landon from getting into it. By the time I got there to help, Landon had thrown his hands up in the air before going to his car and sped off down the street. I looked over at the three adults, the man still looked a bit pissed and the woman looked upset. Uncle John stared at me in confusion before I turned around and headed for the front door of the Cunningham’s house.

"Where do you think you're going?" Uncle John asked when I turned around to face him. I looked over his shoulder and noticed the couple had gotten into their car. It's just my luck that they decide to leave when I want to talk to Bailey.

“Bathroom? I drank a lot of water," I said, as I mentally cursed my timing. What kind of excuse is the bathroom? I just can't think straight under pressure.

"Right. What's the real reason? When I said to keep an eye on her, I didn't mean stalk the poor girl," he said, raising an eyebrow. Well, he got me there. I actually don't know why I'm here.

When I didn't say anything, he laughed. I glared at him and turned around to continue what I was doing. He once again stopped me from walking any farther and turned me around. He was beginning to piss me off. I have never hit a police officer before. Would I go to jail even though I'm related to this guy?

“I don’t know what you’re on about but I do have business here so if you don’t mind, get lost,” I said before turning back around and headed for the door. He didn’t stop me again but I could hear him laughing.

When I got to the door, I wondered if I should just leave. She probably wasn’t in the mood to talk to anyone. She also hated me because I pissed her off during class. I knocked on the door before I could convince myself to leave and waited patiently for someone to answer. When the door opened, I was met with an old man who I assumed was Mr. Cunningham.

“Hello Mr. Cunningham, I’m here to see Bailey.”