Ch. 20 Plan B

WOW I SUDDENLY FELT LIKE UPDATING SO HERE WE ARE YEARS LATER(LITERALLY). I'M SO SORRY FOR CONSTANTLY PUTTING IT OFF. I HERE NOW AND HOPEFULLY I'M HERE TO STAY. I GIVE YOU CHAPTER 19 AND 20 POSTED BACK TO BACK TO MAKE UP FOR LOST TIME. THEY ARE KIND OF SHORT COMPARED TO TGE PAST CHAPERS BUT THATS OKAY CAUSE THERE WILL BE LONGER ONES LATER OM. ALL THE CHARACTERS ARE NOW TOGETHER IN ONE TOWN TO FINALLY FINISH WHAT ONE EMAIL STARTED IN THE FIRST STORY SO LONG AGO. TRYING TO SHOOT FOR 30 CHAPTERS SO WISH ME LUCK. ARE WE EXCITED TO SEE HOW IT GOES? HOW IT FINALLY ENDS? I KNOW I AM SINCE I ALWAYS WING IT EACH CHAPTER. LMAO

ENJOY.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

STEPHANIE'S POV

When I showed up at the cheap hotel my brother was currently staying at, I noticed he wasn't exactly in a good mood. It looked like he destroyed everything he could get his hands on in his room. I tried to move around the mess as I made my way to his unmade bed. Did he screw up and let my ungrateful stepson go free?

"What's got you so worked up dear brother?" I asked, when closed the door and started to pick things up from the floor.

"That idiot managed to get away before I could get rid of him. He probably has the whole police station out there looking for me now," he explained, as he continued to clean up the mess.

I gripped my purse until my knuckles were white. So he really did get away. It didn't take a genius to figure out that he probably told his Uncle everything he knew and now he knows how Garrett looks now. I'm now in this mess my brother created. I wonder if I going back home real quick is a good idea.

"Why can't you do anything right anymore?!" I yelled, as I glared at his back. I was beyond pissed off now since everything I worked hard for is now down the drain.

"What the hell are you on about?" He asked, when he turned around and looked at me. He sighed when he noticed how pissed off I was.

"I'm sorry I dragged you into this mess. You've told me many times to let it go and move on but I never listened. I have to finish this Steph. I don't like having loose ends." He explained, as he walked over to the bed and sat next to me.

"This is so stupid. Now I definitely have to help you clean up this mess you've created. The police will probably be looking for me since Christian knows we're related." I said, as I stared at the floor. I needed to think of a full proof plan.

"We'll get through this. I'll finally finish what I started and we can leave this horrid place together. We can start fresh somewhere else." He whispered, as he put his arm around my shoulders.

I really hope he was right. If I had to end this ridiculous game myself then that's what I'll do. I'm just tired of covering for him and just want us to have normal lives. I knew it won't happen when my brother wasn't exactly sane. He was sick and needed help but I'm the idiot that let him roam around instead of helping him the right way.

"Well I need to go back to the house and pack a few things. I hope I won't have to deal with the police. I'll try my best to pretend I know nothing and hope whatever Christian has told them won't ruin my plan" I said, as I stood up and put my purse over my shoulder.

He didn't say anything else so I left the hotel room. I should have done it before I left but I was worried about Christian. I had to know if my brother managed to stop him from blabbing to his Uncle. I hope there was enough time to pack a bag if the police weren't there already.

When I arrived at the house, there was another car parked at the curb in front of the house. I groaned as I turned into the driveway. The car had been here many times before so I knew exactly who was here. Suddenly a plan started to form in my head as I stared at the two teenagers waiting at the front door.

"Hi Mrs. Levine! We know its kind of early early in the morning but we were wondering if Christian was okay." Danny asked, when he saw me get out of the car.

"He's fine. He's just out and about with his uncle like usual," I said, as I smiled. They can't be smart enough to see through my facade.

"That's weird. He said we were going to hang out today. We tried to call him but he never answers." Elaina says, as she narrows her eyes at me. I guess Christian hasn't been able to talk to them which makes my plan even easier.

"Well you're welcome to wait inside for a bit and I can take you to him," I said, as I walked by them to unlock the door. I'm glad the police haven't made it here

"That's okay Mrs. Levine! We'll just come back later when he's home," Elaina says, as she starts dragging Danny back to the car. I see someone is smarter than I thought.

"Are you sure? It's no problem for me to take you to him since I was leaving again anyway," I say, hoping they would take the bait.

"Elaina I don't have enough money for gas. It will just be easier to go with Mrs. Levine." He says, as he tries to pull out of her grip. She must be a strong girl.

"I'll pay for the gas now let's go Danny so Mrs. Levine can go on about her day," she growls, as she continues to drag him to the car.

"What? You never pay for gas and never once have you offered! I thought you said you had no money!" Danny yells, as he tries even harder to pull away from her grip.

"Shut up and lets go already! I'll break up with you if you continue  to be a butt!" She yelled, which made him stop fighting her and follow her. They both wave goodbye at me before getting into the car and drive away.

"Well it was worth a shot," I mumble, as I walk into the house. I quickly run to the bedroom and grab a suitcase.

I'm almost done packing before I hear a knock at the front door. I froze and cursed out loud. I had a feeling I knew who was at the door. Should I answer it or make a run for it without my stuff? I shook my head and headed for the door It was better to just confront them. I could try to talk my way out of it since it worked for me before.

"Mrs. Levine? We need you to come with us to the police station," one of the police officers say, as soon as I opened the door.