Ch. 13 Just Another Eventful Monday

TWO UPDATES SO CLOSE TOGETHER? I'M PROUD OF MYSELF.

ENJOY.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

CHRISTIAN'S POV

"Elaina Sue Caplan. What are you playing at?" I said calmly, as I followed her down the hall of the school. Danny and Bailey had classes on the opposite side of the school so we had separated into pairs once we got inside the school.

I was not happy with breakfast this morning and I know Ellie picked Whataburger because she knew how much I didn't like their food. She usually gets McDonald's if she doesn't feel like pissing me off because I wouldn't mind that choice. Danny had told me that Ellie wanted to hang out with Bailey for a change Sunday night. Did Bailey tell her something bad about me? I am now outnumbered if I piss either of them off.

"What are you on about dork? You know better than anyone that I need a friend with girl parts so that's what Bailey is going to be. It works out perfectly since it looks like she hates your guts and she doesn't seem the home wrecker type. So get over yourself. This doesn't concern you," She said, as she texted on her phone. She's probably texting that traitor of a best friend.

I swear this girl enjoys making my life difficult. How am I supposed to avoid Bailey if she will always be around due to Ellie's desperate need for female bonding time? I still haven't forgiven Bailey for giving me the cold shoulder when I tried to be the friend she needed. The entire time during our meal at Whataburger, I was waiting for a simple "sorry" but got nothing from her. She was definitely trying to ignore me. I guess she was still pissed at me too.

"Okay, I will see you at lunch bestie. Be on your best behavior while Bailey is there if you know what's good for you," she said, before walking into her class. I glared at a few guys checking her out which caused them to sink into their chairs in fear. She may be abusive with me but I will still protect her from punks that know no boundaries.

I sprinted to my class so I could beat the late bell. The stupid teacher is strict about being in class on time. I couldn't afford to be in any more trouble at school especially after dad decided to ground me for the whole weekend. I had to sneak out just to hang out with Danny on Sunday. Luckily, I wake up before dad and Stephanie during the week so they never had to go into my room to wake me up. They will never know I snuck out Sunday night. I'm a freaking genius.

"Christian, it's so nice of you to make it to class with a few minutes to spare," Mrs. Newman said, as soon as I stepped foot into the full classroom. Well looks like I'm the last one to class. That's just wonderful.

As Mrs. Newman began to discuss the next chapter in our history book, I began to draw in my journal where I would normally write notes for class but didn't feel like it. This day is going to drag on forever, I just know it. I am not looking forward to going home either because we're getting a visitor. They're apparently close to Stephanie so I'll probably not like them if they're anything like the Evil Stepmother.

***********

"Yes! I survived!"

"You do know that this is lunchtime, right? So you have about two more classes to get through." Danny laughed, as he slapped my shoulder. Some best friend he is. He didn't need to remind me that the school day is not even close to being over.

"Don't you need to make out with your devil girlfriend in a dark corner somewhere?" I asked as I followed him to the cafeteria.

"Who are you calling devil girlfriend you doofus?" Ellie asked when she snuck behind us.

"I'm not in the mood to deal with you devil woman," I said, as I began to turn my walk into a sprint. It's a good thing I was never interested in track because I am as slow as a snail when I run.

I didn't get far before I felt Ellie jump on my back and caused me to lose my balance. I fell, face first, onto the hard floor. Damn, she's heavy for a short person. What the hell has she been eating? I groaned when I felt her sit up and straddle my back. This position hurts like hell.

"Take it back!"

"Never!"

"Do it!"

"Screw you!"

"I'm not getting off you until you take it back you jack ass!"

"Danny! Get your crazy ass girlfriend off me!"

All I heard was his laughter. The little punk is laughing at my misery. Where the hell are the teachers and security when you need them? This is harassment and she needs to be punished for this abuse. Someone has to help me before she starts hitting me.

"Ellie? What's going on here?" Bailey asked as Ellie began to punch my back which caused me to lose my breath. It's too late, she already started to hit me. My back and lungs can't take this abuse any longer.

"Bailey! Let's go get some lunch together!" Ellie yelled, before getting off me and grabbing Bailey to drag her to the cafeteria. I just laid there on the floor, wondering why I'm friends with a crazy chick like Ellie.

"You okay? Sorry for not helping you out but you sort of deserved it. It was funny as hell too," he said before he helped me off the floor. Yeah, thanks best friend for being such a helping hand after your crazy girlfriend left.

"Let's go get some lunch. I might make a trip to the nurse before lunch is over though because now I feel pain all over thanks to that shrimp," I said, as we made our way to the cafeteria.

******

I ended up spending most of my lunch in the nurse's office. She suggested I go home early and take some painkillers. I could tell she tried not to laugh when I told her what happened. I should have gone with a lie but I was not in the mood to come up with one. So I did what she suggested because I didn't want another encounter with Ellie in case I said something stupid again.

I had texted Danny and told him that I was leaving early after I called my evil stepmother to come to pick me up. Today of all days I had to come to school without my car. Now I had to endure a car ride home with another female who likes to make my mood sour. There were a few minutes where I almost decided to just stay at school but a headache I had from my head hitting the floor told me I shouldn't even think about it.

It didn't take Stephanie long to get to me. I got in the car as soon as it stopped and then we were on our way home. It sort of freaked me out that she was grinning. She never grins. Does that mean our little visitor decided to show up earlier than expected? She seemed excited that they were coming when she mentioned the visit. I already don't like this mystery person.

"I can't wait for you to meet him," Stephanie said, as she turned into our street. It's a guy? Is he a brother or something? She didn't have any relatives at the wedding.

I didn't respond because happy Stephanie freaked me the hell out. When we arrived home, I took my sweet time getting out of the car. I was in no mood to meet any long lost relative of hers. I just wanted to take some painkillers and take a nap before I met up with Danny tonight. Once we were inside the house though, Stephanie dragged me to the living room where a man was watching TV. He looked like he had a buzz cut from what I could tell from the back of his head.

"Hey, Christian decided to come home early," Stephanie said, as she continued to drag me in front of the sofa where the man was sitting. He had some stubble and looked a bit muscular. I didn't like him just by his appearance. I'd have to keep a close eye on this guy. Something is definitely not right with him.

"It's nice to meet you Christian. I'm Garrett, Stephanie's brother."