Chapter 25

I sat on the chair in Klaus' study, staring at the wall ahead of me as he spoke. He was sitting on the couch. 

Ever since last night when I had managed to make contact with him with my hand, he had taken to talking to me a lot more. I was extremely happy by this change because I didn't feel as alone anymore. The only bad thing was that now the entity, as I called it, was watching me more. I could almost constantly feel the heavy darkness looming over me. It terrified me.

"Bonnie told me that she would come over for dinner tonight. I wanted to make this civil so she wasn't trying to kill me the entire time. I told her I didn't want Elena coming but she refused to come upless she could bring whoever she wanted. So tonight the Salvatores and Elena will be coming with her."

I sigh in my mind. I didn't want Elena to come and see me like this. She was such a drama queen and I know this was really bad but I didn't feel like having her freaking out and doing that annoying thing where she blams herself for EVERYTHING or to be hovering over me. I loved my cousin, but she did get on my nerves.

I felt a harsh pain in my stomach as I suddenly realized just how hungry I was. I think about getting up but suddenly my body locks up.

"Food is pointless to you. Stay where you are,"

I feel the pain in my stomach again and am suddenly angry at this. Who was that entity, or whatever the hell it was, to control me!? What gave them the power? I am Clarabella fucking Reese and I am a survivor. I'd been through a lot and I was not going to let this thing take me down. I needed to find away to let Klaus know that I was still here. And I needed to do it now.

I keep my mind on other things, not thinking about what I'm doing as I will my hand to grab the pencil. I can barely lift it so I shove the leaded end into the paper it had been lying on.

Hel-

An intense pain shoots through my skull and I can't start the p. I focus as hard as I can and start to make it. I get close but can't finish. As the pain intensifies I drop the pencil, going immoble again.

Klaus' eyes shoot up as he hears the nearly inauble drop of the pencil. He glances at the paper and then at me.

"Leave! NOW! Go eat something, I've decided you need it."

Relief surges through me and I stand up, walking out of the room, feeling proud of myself for the message I had left Klaus.

*KLAUS' POV*

I tilt my head to the side, watching Clara walk out of the room. After a few seconds I stand up and walk over to the desk, my eyes landing on the paper that I heard the pencil drop onto. I pick it up.

Help.

The word was shaky and sloppily written, the p not even finished, but it was evident what the word was.

"Help..." I mutter to myself and my eyes shoot up to the door that Clara had just walked out of. She left this message, and by the state of her handwriting it wasn't easy to do...she was telling me that she needed help.

A lightbulb practically lit above my head as I started to process everything at top speed. Clara was still here, just repressed. Something or somebody was hiding her, taking her away from me. Magic, it had to be. This was witches work.

I fold up the paper and shove it into my pocket as I walk out of the room, heading for the kitchen where I could hear Clarabella.

*Clarabella's POV*

I felt myself getting control of my body as I reached the kitchen. I quickly tried to say something but my mouth wouldn't work. 

Damn... I think. I shake my head and start making a sandwich, knowing that if I did anything else the entity would take away my control of myself.