Chapter 4

Bella's Point of View

I glance at the clock again, and sigh. It was already 11:00 and I had been at work for 3 hours and not a single costumer had come in. I still had 3 more hours to go. I stare at the clock for another few second before turning back to my drawings. I was a fairly good artist but nothing remarkable.

Right now my drawing looked just plain sad. I had been thinking about Niklaus all day, which isn't all that weird considering he was kind of my only friend, besides my cousins and their extended friends. Right? Oh well even if it was weird it didn't matter because my drawing of him did the man no justice. 

While he had beautiful green/blue eyes the ones in the sketch looked dull and I couldn't capture his perfect cheekbones right, they looked too uneven. All in all the drawing could be compared to an insult. Good thing that he'd never see it. 

I looked up from shading in his hair at the sound of the bell tinkling. Speak of the devil...

"Hello." Niklaus smiles as he walks in, carrying a bag.

"Um...hey." I grin, quickly hiding my drawing as he walked up to the counter. "What are you doing here?"

"I thought you might want some lunch." he says, setting the bag on the counter between us. "I didn't know what you preferred so I brought a variety of choices."

"Thanks!" I say and get up, going to get the other chair. I carried it over and set it on the other side of the counter. He raised an eyebrow at me.

"Don't tell me you're going to make me eat by myself. Come on stay, sit, eat!" I tell him sitting back down behind the counter.

He chuckled, "If you so wish." His eyes roam to my notepad as he sat down, "What were you drawing?"

"Oh um...it was nothing." I mutter, blushing slightly as I opened the bag.

He narrows his eyes at me and before I can figure out what he's going to do he snatches the notebook.

"Niklaus!" I exclaim, jumping up and reaching across the counter for it but he already had it flipped open.

He stopped, his smile getting smaller and softens as he sees the drawing of him. "You drew me?"

I grab the notebook out of his hands and shove it in my bag. I don't reply as I unwrap a sandwich, not looking at him.

"That was really good..." he told me quietly, "You don't need to be embarassed."

"Im not embarassed." I snap, but it wasn't true. I was mortified. He now knew that I was thinking about him and what if he thinks I'm a creeper for drawing him?

All of a sudden he's at my side, one hand on my arm and his other my hand. I look up at him in shock as that same electric feeling surged through me, glancing at the seat he had been in half a second ago. How did he move so fast?

"Listen to me. You're not the only one. I have maybe 50 different pieces of art all of you at my home." He tells me. I look up at him.

"Really?" I ask quietly and he nods.

"I'll show you some time...but I'm afraid they do you little justice." his hand moved until he was gently caressing my cheek with the back of his fingers. My breath caught as I looked into his blue/green eyes. What was it about him?

He swallowed getting a strange expression on his face and his other hand moving gently over the back of mine. Suddenly the tension was broken by the tinkling of the bell and he clenched his jaw and stood up, turning towards the door in one fluid yet slow motion.