Chapter 15

This is a horrible idea... I think as I ride my bike down the road. I was heading to the Salvatore boarding house. Elena wanted to talk to me and that was where she had said to meet her.  I just really didn't want to go there incase Damon was there.

"Of course he's not there." I muttered to myself, "He's not stupid enough to have stayed in town, he knows Klaus would kill him."

I couldn't help but to continue to worry as I stopped my bike infront of the large house. It had been a few days since my date with Klaus and I was reluctant to put my week of happiness down to die.

With a sigh of resignation I walked up to the door and knocked. It was only a few seconds before the door opened and Elena was standing infront of me. "Come on in."

I nodded and she lead me inside to the living room. I raised an eyebrow at her as I see a pile of wooden steaks on the coffee table but don't say anything as I sit down on a couch.

"What did you want to talk about?"

"What? Impatient to get back to your psychopath of a boyfriend?" I jump at the familiar voice right behind me and without thinking my hand shoots out, grabbing a steak and I spin around, thrusting it forward.

"CLARABELLA!" Elena yells, "What the hell are you doing!?" 

She runs over to Damon who was on his knees, trying to pull the wooden steak out of his stomach. "Crazy bitch." he mutters as he pulls it out.

"I'm the crazy one!? You fucking tried to kill me! The only thing I regret is not having better aim! What on earth are you doing here!? Elena how the hell could you invite me here knowing that he would be here too!?" I feel completely betrayed. Did Elena hate Klaus that much? To kill me in an attempt to kill him?

"He's not going to hurt you!" She said, exasperated.

"GOD! I knew you could be stupid but I didn't know you were a fullblown dumbass!" I yell and she looks at me with a hurt expression.

"Hey!" Damon growls at the insult to Elena. I roll my eyes.

"Oh shut up. This isn't your conversation pretty boy." My feeling of betrayal had taken away my fear. I turn back to my cousin, "You want to talk? Get his creepy ass out of here."

She just stares at me for a few seconds, a mixed look of anger and hurt on her face before she said, "Damon could you please let us talk alone?"

"No."

"DAMON!"

He sighed, "Fine. But I'm right upstairs and don't think I won't snap your neck in a split second." he growls the last part at me.

"You wouldn't be alive long enough to see my body hit the floor." I growl back and he leaves the room.

"What is wrong with you Clarabella?" she demands.

My eyes go wide, "What is wrong with me? WHATS WRONG WITH ME!? How idiotic and niave are you Elena? Damon tried to KILL me! He wasn't gentle either, he tortured me! And suddenly you're just like 'oh don't worry! He won't hurt you, he's such a little sweetheart! He wouldn't hurt a fly!'" I knew I was totally exaggerating but I didnt care.

She rolled her eyes, "He won't hurt you. I had a talk with him."

I snort at that, "You had a talk with him? Let me guess how it went," I put on a voice that was like I was scolding a 4 year old for taking somebodys toy, "Damon! You can't just go around torturing and killing people! Bad boy! Go have a time out and think about what you've done! Now I want you to promise you won't kill anybody else. Promise? Good Boy!" 

She opened her mouth, gaping like a fish out of water as she tried to come up with something to say. After a few second I speak again, getting tired of her looking like an idiot. It wasn't amusing in my angered state.

"I should tell Niklaus that he's here...no screw that, I should kill the bastard myself. I know for a fact that being tortured isn't fun and thats certainly what Nik will do to him. Then again it might be satisfying to watch." I spit. I know that I wouldn't actually ever enjoy watching somebody tortured but hey, i was angry.

There's a breeze of wind and Damon's standing infront of me, "You wouldn't dare tell him where I am."

"Yeah? And why not?"

His hand gripped my throat and forced me to look at him. I struggled to take a breath as Elena yelled at him. He ignored her, "Because you won't."

"Y-You...cant com...compel m-me." I choke out, nails digging into his arms. 

"Then maybe I'll just bleed you dry of vervain until I can." he threatens. I start to feel light-headed.

"D-dont...take it..." I say weakly. He narrows his eyes at me before throwing me down. I quickly climb back to my feet, taking several deep breaths.

"Then how the hell can't you be compelled?" He demands.

I shrug, "Just lucky I guess. Unlike you. That move might cost you more than Elena's trust Salvatore." I growl at him, rubbing my throat and trying to hide the fact that my hands were shaking.

He gives me one more long, angry look before disappearing. I look at Elena before asking sarcastically, "So...I take it your "talk" with him went well?"

"Bella I am so so-"

"Don't." I mutter, looking away angrily, "Just. Don't."

It's silent for a few more minutes before I ask, "Why did you want me to come over here?"

"I just wanted to warn you to be on the lookout, we saw some vampires in town this morning...be careful."

"Yeah I know." I say. "Klaus heard word of them last night. He barely let my leave to come over here because he hasn't been able to track them down. Is that all you wanted to say? Why couldn't you have just called?"

She shrugged, "I wanted to see you."

I roll my eyes, still angry, "Well next time you come over, don't call me here. I don't think I can take much more of Damon." My hand rubs the tender spot on my neck and I grimace, knowing there will be light bruises at least.

"Bye Elena."

I don't let her say another word, just leave.

_____________________________________________________________________________________

I lean my bike on the bike rack and lock the cord. Klaus had texted me and told me to meet him at the grill when I was done talking to Elena. Oh yeah, and he bought me a cell phone. I didn't want to let him at first but finally relented when he wouldn't leave the subject alone. He didn't like the idea of me not having any way to reach him when i wasn't in my apartment.

I walk across the street to the grill and am reaching out to the door handle when a voice behind me makes me stop.

"Hey, sorry to bother you miss, but are you Clarabella Reese?"

I turn around to see a man who looked to be around 25 standing behind me. "Who wants to know?"

"I'll take that as a yes." he grins and the last thing that I comprehend before everything turns to oblivion is a searing pain in my head.

*Two Chapters in one Night WHOO! :D lol, hope you guys like it! PLEASE OH PLEASE comment, vote, and recommend :) But only if you actually like it...but yea I live off of comments like previously stated xD Thanks for reading!*

LoVe YoU aLl,

Julia