Chapter Thirteen

"I'm going to die." 

"You're going to die."

"Caroline!" Elena chides as she pushes a pin into my hair. I wince at it pinches my scalp.

"What!? It's true. I mean come on, she's going on a date with Klaus!" Caroline exclaims.

"No she's right. Not the Klaus part but the dying part. I can't do this! This isn't my thing. I'm not supposed to look like this or do things like this. I'm supposed to wear sweats and sit alone in my apartment watching family food and pigging out on cheesecake! That is me!" 

"Oh come on Bells! You look beautiful!" Elena grins at me. "I'm done so go ahead and look."

I nod and stand up, a little shaky on the heels as I walk towards the mirror. I wasn't even sure what dress I was wearing. They kept tilting my head back when I tried to look. Getting dressed was VERY awkward...

I raise an eyebrow as I finally look at myself. I was wearing a spaghetti strap dress that went just past my knees and my hair was pinned up with some intricate braid thing on the side. I grimace.

"What? You don't like it!?" Elena demands.

"Um....no it's not that I don't like it..." I mutter.

"She hates it. I told you!" Caroline sighs as she falls back onto my bed.

"I don't hate it! But can I just show you guys my pick?" I ask hopefully. Elena mumbles under her breath fouly but nods and sits down. I hurry over to my closet.

"Turn around. You surprised me, my turn." They do so and I pick out the dress I wanted. I slip it on and quickly take all the pins out of my hair and flip my head over shaking it slightly before flipping upright again.

I run over to my dresser and put on deep red lipstick and quickly darken my eye make-up. "Okay, you guys can look."

"Holy Freaking CRAP!" Caroline exclaims, "Where did that dress come from?"

"It's kinda the only dress I have." I admit with a sheepish grin. 

I was wearing a strapless, sweatheart neckline black dress. It came to about midthigh at its highest but it was a side-to side highlow that seemed to sweep as it went down. There was a black ribbon that went around the waist and fell down into the swirls of the dress on the long side. On the ribbon was red lacing on the edges and I was now wearing red heels with straps and what I had done to my hair had given it that Hollywood style "Just had amazing hot and wild sex" look.

"You look sexy as hell." Elena laughs.

"Are you sure it's not too sexy for a first date?" I ask as she comes forward and zips up the rest of the dress that I hadn't been able to reach.

"Not at all. It's perfect." Caroline beams.

"Oh wow...I'm going on my first date..." I mumble, somewhat just realizing it.

"If only it wasn't with a sadistic and sociopathic killer." Elena says and I shoot her a glare. "Sorry. It's true though."

"You people are giving him such a hard time." I snap, "I don't know how he used to be but with how he treats me and is around me...I just....Just stop talking about him like that alright? I'm serious."

I don't give them a chance to respond, not wanting to talk about this right now, "Can you hand me my perfume?" 

"Which one?" Caroline asks.

"Sex and the City. Passion." I say and she grins.

"Very suggestive."

I roll my eyes as I take it and spray myself, "Yea...and the fact that it smells freaking AWESOME."