Chapter 8 - Goochi Zone...or Nah?

lled With Pain Chapter 8

I’m in my goochi zone, zone

Girl I ain’t triping, Imma do my thing

I’m in my goochi zone,zone

I’m turnt up by 100 degrees

“Scarlett, Crimson or Ruby?” My mom asked as she threw the bunch of silk swatches at me.

“I don’t know Crimson.” I said as I threw the wedding book to the side. This was all I had been seeing ever since my pops had re-proposed to my mom the night before. She had turned into bridezilla in a matter of hours. You see my parents eloped 20 years back in Columbia, my dad had proposed the year before and they were planning the big old typical white wedding with doves and performances but then they fell pregnant with what would have been my eldest sister named Emelia, but due to all the stress of the wedding she unfortunately miscarriage, after all of that they decided to just elope. Fortunately months later they fell pregnant with Ramel. So this was my parents chance to do the wedding thing all over again, this time properly.

“You didn’t even glance at them!” My mom complained. I sighed grabbing the swatches and going over it all over again.

“Mom, I’m sorry but they honestly all look the same to me. It’s all red!” I said as I stood up and took a sip from my Gatorade. It was 10 past 4 and I had agreed on meeting Jules for dinner and a movie at 5.  I watched as her smile slowly began to fade.

“I just want you to help me, make this into the wedding of my dreams.” Her eyes began to fill up with tears, like me my mom knew how to get her way and she was about to.

“Mom, Mom! Stop its okay. I honestly do like the Crimson. It’s a nice shade and it would look great on all of the bridesmaids. Now I’ve got to go and get ready for that outing with that guy I was telling you about.” I explained as I picked up my belongings that lay around the living room floor. She nodded slowly.

“That’s fine, just tell your dad to come down when you go up.”

**

“What movie do you want to watch?” Jules asked as he threw popcorn at me. Yes we had bought popcorn and had somehow managed to go through a majority of the bag before we had even chosen a movie.

I picked the popcorn kernel that had just landed in my hair and threw it back at him.

“I don’t mind anything.” I stopped to catch my breath after running after Jules around the entire theatre constantly for the past hour, he believed I wouldn’t attack him after he ate a majority of my food that I paid for! Little did he know…

“Anything?” I paused as he walked further off believing I was still beside him. This was my opportunity and I was willing to take it, I got into my stance before running and lightly jumping on his back. He screamed. HE screamed and it wasn’t a ‘manly’ scream, it was a high pitched blood curdling screech.  I jumped off clutching onto my chest as he turned to me tears in his eyes.

“Jules more like Julie” I laughed harder close to rolling around on the ground. He looked down at me with a straight expression which led to me laughing harder. “You cannot tell me that wasn’t funny. Now you know, never to mess with me again!” He helped me up and we made our way to buy our tickets.

“Good evening, sir, miss. What would you like?” The cashier asked a smile on his face.

“What do you want to watch?” Jules asked once more.

“I already told you, I don’t mind. I’ll watch anything.”  He looked at me with a smirk on his face. Maybe I shouldn’t have agreed to anything..

“2 tickets to Frozen please.” He brought out a $20 note before handing it over. I had shock clear on my face. Frozen, as in Disney’s animated movie, Frozen?! I decided to keep silent as he purchased the tickets. It was apparent that he noticed my draw back because he turned to me laughing slightly. “Well you did say anything...”

“When I said anything…I meant anything, but just not a kid’s movie”

“It’s not a kid’s movie! It’s a movie for all ages, you’ll enjoy it. I bring my little brother and sister to come watch it every other week, they love it.” I sighed and hooked arms with him as we made our way to the theatre we were meant to be in.

**

We stepped out of the theatre, laughter something we shared. That movie was better than I expected! A lot better, you see that was the thing with Disney movies- they catered to all ages.

“Do you want to build a snowman?”

“Come on, let’s go and play.” I sang a long as we made our way to the closest bus station. We reached it and sat in a comfortable silence for a few seconds before I spoke. “Did I ever tell you that I was so so so sorry, for what happened the night of the party? It was my fault and you shouldn’t have to be in that predicament. I’ll pay for any treatment that you need!” I rushed out to get a laugh in reply.

“I haven’t even known you for a matter of hours and I can already say this much…you worry too much Royal. Way too much. I’m fine, it’s nothing to a real thug anyways. Your dude was a real punk though, I still don’t understand why he couldn’t fight with his hands. He’s weak. But I’m good, I don’t need your help just your company!”   I laughed lightly before changing the topic.

“You sure you watch Frozen for your siblings pleasure or for yours? You seem to really enjoy Disney?” I sarcastically asked as our bus pulled up, we got on finding a seat.  He shrugged and looked out of the window, I could just about notice the smirk that he fought to wear on his face. “It’s okay, I enjoyed it.” He turned from the window and glanced at me.

“I’m glad you enjoyed it. Now tell me a little more about the girl I got bottled for?! Go on Royal” I paused and he laughed.

“That’s not funny. Well firstly my name is Rayne, Royal’s my middle name.” I went on to tell him a little bit about myself and about my family, being sure to leave out the parts about my dad’s occupation.

**

“Did you enjoy yourself?” Jules asked as we arrived at my door. I nodded with a smile. “That’s good, so did I.”

“Thank you for today, minus eating all my food! But thank you it was fun, honestly. Also, I am so sorry-” I began but was interrupted.

“Don’t start, its fine. Now will I be seeing you again anytime soon?” He questioned. I smirked before stepping back.

“Bonne Nuit. Good Night, Jules.”

As I closed the door carefully I made my way up the stairs a smile planted on my face. I decided to check on Ramel just before I went to bed. I knocked on the door and waited for a response.

“Come in.” Stepping in, I noticed Ramel sat there with worry and stress clear in his expression and body language. That’s when I automatically noticed that something was up…something had happened when I was away. I didn’t have to ask because he proceeded in telling me.

“Mom…mom…she…” He paused rubbing his face repeatedly. That was when I began to panic. “I shouldn’t have been eavesdropping that was wrong of me but...”

“Ramel spit it out.”

“She was talking to someone on the phone and…and she was saying that she loves him – I’m assuming him is dad- but that she doesn’t want part of it any longer and she’s out of the plan. That she’s not willing to hurt him any longer and that… What is going on?!”