Chapter 6- But you're the worst....

Filled With Pain

Chapter 6.

And don't take this personal

But you're the worst

You know what you've done to me

And although it hurts I know

I just can't keep runnin' away

- {before you start, the font in bold italics is basically flashbacks of the night before.}

Rushing to the bathroom, I emptied out the remains of last night’s dinner into the toilet bowl for the 2nd week in a row.

What happened last night? I had forced myself to drink in hope of forgetting the night not wanting to reminisce on the mess that I had created. But I had a feeling that during the course of the day the memories would come flooding back. All I could recall from last night was the journey and entrance to the party. From then on I decided to blur the night away. I felt Cheyenne come in and hold up my hair.

“I told you not to drink so much last night Rayne! You could never handle your drinks!” Cheyenne said as she once again began to rub my back. I allowed myself to literally drink my life away in attempt to run away from the truth.

**

We jumped out of the car as eyes turned to face us.

“You never did tell me why you changed out of that beautiful dress?!” Cheyenne brought up the dress for the 100th time tonight.

“I just didn’t feel comfortable in it and...Plus Wesley didn’t like me in it.” I murmured as we smiled at the people we passed. Cheyenne stopped walking as she pulled me closer to whisper something into my ears.

“Live your own life Rayne! You weren’t born to please him. That boys going to fuck you up mentally and you’re going to let him!”

With that said she walked off leaving me to make my way to the bar, spotting Wesley on my way.

**

I took the water bottle from her hand throwing it down my throat before I had the chance to throw up once more. I stumbled out of the ensuite before climbing back into bed curling up into a ball underneath my covers.

“You made a right mess out of yourself last night Ray!” Cheyenne said joining me under the covers.

“Really? I don’t remember.” I rushed out.

“Do you remember anything from last night’s chaos?” She questioned glaring at me.

I shook my head once more hoping for her to stop.

“Nada...well things are coming back to me bit by bit but that’s about it...”  I murmured.

“So not even the fight that broke out?

The fight....

**

“What’s your name beautiful?” I placed my 6th shot of the night-so far- down on the table.

“Royal.” It barely came out in a whisper as I glanced up at the man stood before me.

“It’s my pleasure to make your acquaintance.” I giggled helplessly as he bowed. “Well I’m Jules and may I add you do look very beautiful tonight.” I shook his outstretched hand as he took a seat on the stool beside me

“So why are you sat here on your lonesome?” I shrugged not wishing to indulge deeper into the situation. “Well let me buy you a drink. A cocktail maybe?” I nodded as he called over the bartender, thanking them both I took my sip putting the drink down for.

“But all jokes aside you do look very beautiful tonight.” Jules said once more.

“Thank you very much, but if you think I look so beautiful now, you should have seen me before I changed.” I slurred followed by a round of hiccups.

“Oh really? So why did you change then?” He asked.

“Well my boyfriend- I mean my brothers friend made me. He didn’t want any other guys looking at me.” I grimaced as I noticed Jules slowly begin to withdraw.

“Well this boyfriend/brothers friend sounds very insecure with himself and I’m not surprised.  You are a lovely young lady.” I smiled at him in thanks. “So is there a way I can contact you?” He handed me his phone and I punched in my number. Maybe Cheyenne was right; I would and could find someone that’s better than Wesley.

Just as I was handing Jules his phone back, I spotted Wesley making his way over to our direction.

“Who the hell are you?”

**

“Oh the fight.” I said grabbing my phone from the side to see notifications flooding in. I had missed calls from both Wesley and a number that I didn’t recognise. I dialled the one that wasn’t saved first helping to avoid Wesley for as long as possible. Scared of how I may have acted...

“Hello?”  A deep voice spoke down my phone

“Sorry, I’ve had missed calls from you all day.” 

“Oh hey Royal, it’s Jules.” Jules said.

“Hey! Sorry, I didn’t have your number saved. How are you feeling?”

“You really want to know? I’m alot better now. I left A&E earlier on this morning after getting my stitches.” I gasped in shock as memories of last night slowly but surely began to flood in.

**

“What is this Rayne?” Wesley asked as he pulled me up from my stool.

“Ay bruh, stop! Can’t you see your hurting her?!” Jules said as he stood up pulling me back.

“Who the hell are you? I find myself asking once again.” Wesley said as he grabbed me once more. I felt like a live drag doll.

“Leave her alone!”

I heard the impact of the glass bottle against Jules scalp before I witnessed Wesley grab it.

“Wesley no!”  I felt as if everything had slowed down as I was pushed to the side. Tears rushed down my face as the two might fought before me.

“Stop! The force from both men collapsing on the ground on top of each other was heard as the music came to a halt. It felt like we were stars in a movie as bouncers rushed in pulling them apart.

Wesley suddenly pointed at me as I rushed to Jules his blood filling up in my palm.

“Be at mine in the next hour Rayne!”

**