The Harsh Truth.....

Siena P.O.V

I walked the street of New York not knowing where I’m going. It kept repeating in my mind that Thea was dead that she was gone. Our argument kept running through my mind how I was cruel to her the things that I told her. That I thought she was jealous of me? How could I say something like that? What kind of person had I turned into to say that to their friend of 11years was jealous of them? I just can’t believe that she gone. That I will never see her again. That I won’t hear her voice again. She just gone! I don’t know what I’m going to deal with all this I don’t know much about anything right now because as much of a bitch that I am I feel lost.

My cell kept on ringing constantly I didn’t want to talk to anyone right now. I felt like a bad person that it should be me laying on that mortuary slab not Thea. I stopped walking and cried I couldn’t take any of this anymore more, how could of she got such a blow to head. Who would wanna hurt Thea like that? I know her and I were at the point where we would have got psychical. Right now I don’t know what the hell I’m doing walking the street of New York City not helping me right now. I got my phone out of my clutch and I saw 3 missed calls from Blair 5 from my mom and 2 from Nic. As much as I wanted to talk to all of them I couldn’t not right now.

I began to make my way back toward my apartment I didn’t care that I was in some fancy gown and it was cold I needed this time to think. After nearly two hours I finally reach my apartment building I felt that my skin was cold but I felt numb not because of that but I felt like a part of me died along with Thea. As I walked through the lobby I had looks from the staff of sorrow it appeared that they had heard about Thea passing. I didn’t acknowledge them I walked into the elevator and pressed my floor number, I felt like a robot like I wasn’t acknowledging my surrounding. I came out of the elevator and walked up to my front door I let myself in. I saw my parents from the living room looking at me with sorrow. I couldn’t deal with talking to either of them so I rushed to my room and slammed the door shut.

I sat of my bed and began to reflect on the whole night it was like a movie reel that always ended with that last image engraved in my mind of Thea on the ground unconscious with blood pouring from her head. I heard a light knock on my door I knew it was either my mom or dad but I didn’t want to see either of them. The door opened and I looked and it was my mom she stood there with her face filled with so many emotions. I couldn’t help it I just busted into tears in seeing her.

“Sweetheart” my mom rushed over to me and embraced me tightly “Baby I’m so sorry” I let my mom hold me. I just couldn't believe that Thea was dead and I would never get the chance to make things right with her. I was choking on my sobs and I couldn't speak. But my mom just held me and rubbed my back, a comforting tactic that had always calmed me when I was younger. But it was not working this time.

“It’s all my fault!” I sobbed “I killed her! I killed my best friend!” I cried. It was my fault why Thea was upset. Why she was in that garden at that time. I’m the reason why she died and no one can tell me any different.

“Sweetie how could you of killed her. I saw you talking to that young man most of the night” My mom continued to sooth my back to calm me down “You need to calm down sweetie. You’re in shock right now” I wasn’t in shock I was telling the truth my mom was trying to be nice to me because I’m her daughter and I shouldn’t harbour that guilt.

“No, mom! It’s the truth ok? I killed Thea!” i cried “If I never said that she was jealous of me or overweight or even worse cursed her; she would be alive, Mom!” I raised my voice and I couldn’t control my tears anymore. My pulled away and looked at me for a long moment I didn’t know what she was thinking at that moment and I didn’t want to imagine it either.