Entering The War Zone.....

Damon P.O.V

Everything all changed from the year of 1864 where a young lady moved into our family home called Katherine Pierce. She was the most beautiful woman I had ever laid my eye upon. My Father offered her and room to stay in our family home, at the time I was due to join the Confederacy to be part of the civil war. Well that didn’t work out well for a few reason one being I watched to many of my comrades die then there was the fact i didn’t take to being ordered to well. There was also another reason the young lady I meant that had moved into our family home, Katherine bewitched me with exotic features and her womanly ways.   

So I gave it all up so I could know her that little more but of course my father saw me as a failure that I couldn’t stick to anything, I respected my father but I also despised him. The reason being is that he always treated me differently to Stefan who is my younger brother, I didn’t know why he would be harder on me but I would try and prove him wrong that I weren’t ‘waste of space’ as he would quote so often. As I got older I gave up try to prove anything to him I could never out shine his golden child Stefan, I didn’t hate Stefan I loved my younger brother more than anything in this world.

That all changed though when I found out that Katherine weren’t just trying to keep me entertained but also my brother, I knew it wrong but there was an aura about Katherine that I couldn’t walk away from. Katherine weren’t your average girl she was different and what was different about her was the fact that she was a vampire, most men would have ran a mile when finding that out. Me no I wanted her even more I fell totally in love with her, I help and watched her feed on innocent people and strangely enough I didn’t find it frighten or disturbing. It was all down to one thing because I loved her and I wanted to spend my whole life with her, I asked her to turn me and she seemed amused with this but didn’t refuse. So Katherine fed me little of her blood everyday she wanted the same as me she told me when the time was right she would turn me. What I didn’t know was that she was compelling Stefan and letting him drink from her, I felt hurt and betrayed but I couldn’t hate her because I loved her that much and I knew that I was the only one who she wanted. Katherine liked to play games and she loved the attention from myself and Stefan but like she always told me it was me who she wanted.  

On October 21 1864 it all happened my stupid brother had told my father his opinion on what the council were doing, in regards to their theory on vampires in the town. My father weren’t a stupid man that one thing I can give him credit for, he read in between the lines and figured out that Katherine was one of the vampire who was a resident in the town. I recall coming home and seeing them carrying Katherine with this contraption on her face while she was out cold, Stefan pleading to my father not to do this while my father ignored him. I did the one thing that any man would have done when they saw the woman they loved being taken away like an animal. I attacked my brother for his stupidity I couldn’t believe he had told our father that he was sympathise with the vampire of course he would of put two and two together.

Fortunately I’m far smarter than my brother or any of these stupid member on the council, I had heard about what they had planned for the suspected vampires in town. I went to seek help from Katherine handmaiden Emily I pleaded to her to help Katherine to not let her have a fate worse than death, not matter how much I pleaded to her Emily couldn’t make any promised. Stefan and I tried to free Katherine from the carriage they were taking her to fell churched where they planned to burn all the vampires alive. We were caught by the member of the council and tried to make our plea but Stefan and I were both gunned down.

When I woke I knew what was happening to me that I was in transition but also Stefan was I knew we didn’t save Katherine she was gone, so what would be the point of me becoming a vampire. Stefan agreed with me also he didn’t want this fate either so we had a few hours until we wouldn’t see another day. When night fell my little brother came back to the shack we were at in the woods covered in blood, but not just anyone blood it was my fathers. Stefan had completed transition and he brought a young girl back with him, he taunted me by biting into her and exposing me her blood. No matter how hard I tried to fight it the bloodlust over took me and I drained the life out of an innocent girl.