17. Cry Me A River

How does one boy cause so much drama?

Why do some girls have to like the same male?

When did things get so confusing again?

What do I do now?

The many inquiries rushing through every singular cell in my brain. Too bad they weren't fast enough to process and provide an answer to the many questions Hazel might've been having in hers.

"Hazel, I- this isn't..." I started, but her sudden movement interrupted my sentence.

Hazel walked over and passed me, harshly smacking Vincent across his face.

"I knew it."

Vincent brushed his cheek in slight disbelief, but maintained his composure. I -on the other hand- had a dropped jaw with my hands cupping my mouth in indescribable astonishment. We stayed still and listened to her fulminate in hidden and inaudible shame.

I can't believe this is happening.

"Ever since the club... you two have been way to reserved together and I knew something was off. Of course, this explains everything. I just didn't want to believe that the person that I devoted interest in and -who I thought was- my newly found best friend, sneak off for a quick-y at the library!" She panted, tears still streaming down her -now- red face.

Technically, it wasn't a quick-y... Alex! Stay focused.

"Hazel, we can explain." I tried to ease her irritation.

"Why?!" She asked me.

I stayed silent for a more clear question.

"Why did you do this to me? You knew I liked him and you knew we were going out. Why did you let me like him or let him lead me on? I thought we were friends." She sniffled, looking up and trying to get herself to stop crying.

"I am your best friend, Hazel." Tears now enveloping my eyes from her words.

"No. Your just a liar. Don't you ever speak to me again." She assertively stated, her eyes serious and piercing through mine.

My heart stopped and broke in two.

"Hazel, wait!"

She started walking away and I tried to call her through sobs and broken tones coming from my shaken voice.

"Hazel! I am your best friend!" I choked out, trying to follow her and she stopped for a second.

"Why don't you cry me a river, Alexandra." She spat out, not believing one word coming from me. "Maybe that'll be more credible."

She finally walked out of the library and I collapsed on the ground, tears running down my cheeks and dripped onto my jeans. What have I done?

"Alex... come on, don't. This wasn't your fault."

"Of course it is." I panted on my knees.

"Baby, I'm so-" He spoke and tried to brush my cheek.

But I pulled away quickly. "No more." I managed to sob.

His eyes never left me as he watched me get up on my own.

No more lies. No more crying. No more fear! I have to do something. And I have to choose.

"Alex... what- what's wrong?"

I looked at him and wiped my tears away, "I don't know how one person can love two men. But I do love you. I know that, but what I can't understand is why I also love Sky. I don't know why I can feel so happy with him, but still have sex with you. I have to find a way to fix this."