12. Turtles & Birds

So before we start this chapter, I wanted to let everyone know how much I appreciate you for reading. I'm sorry for the past updates that have been so slow and hectic and maybe short, but I'm here again and early to make your day :D

THIS CHAPTER IS ALSO DEDICATED TO MY BEST FRIEND hipsterssoul!❤

❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤

I yawned and stretched my arms in a liberated manner, my lashes revealing the world I so desperately wanted to avoid. Trump had won the election and we all know how screwed we are for what's most likely next to come.

"Alex?!" I heard Katie's faint voice.

Before I responded, my voice was muted by the surroundings engulfing me. I had fallen asleep in Vincent's bed. I heard Katie's voice become louder as she trotted closer to the room's door. I quickly shuffled out of the covers, getting my foot stuck in the covers and falling on my face. Disregarding the throbbing pain of my lip, I scanned the room; looking for somewhere to conceal myself. My eyes searched the room and I realized Sky mentioned a bathroom for each room, which I soon found. I ran towards it and locked myself inside.

"Alex? Are you in here?" I heard Kate's footsteps come closer into the room.

What am I going to do?! She's going to know someone's in here if the bathroom door's locked, but if I unlock the door she might find me in here!

That's when a plan popped inside my skull and I turned on the shower, jumped inside; not caring about wetting my clothes. I heard a distant knock and I didn't respond, praying to Jesus she didn't ask and assumed Vincent was the one showering.

"Oh! Vincent! I'm so sorry. I thought Alexandra was in here, but of course not. My bad." Kate giggled and her footfall grew far off.

I sighed in relief when I heard the door close and got out the shower. Opening the door, I was caught; Katie standing with her arms crossed in front of the door.

"Found you."

"Kate! Oh, my God. You scared me." I chuckled nervously.

"What are you doing in Vincent's room?" She raised a brow, expecting an answer.

I blushed remembering last night's events. "I... Have no excuse." I sighed in disappointment.

Katie's eyes widened and whispered; looking around, "Alex, did you... Did u sleep with him?!"

"What? No. Of course not, Kate. I would never do that to Hazel." I denied, my face flushing.

"Well, to be fair on your side, their not actually dating yet. They just went on a couple of dates. They haven't even kissed, which baffles my mind, but doesn't excuse you of sneaking in his room and doing whatever it is you did." She stated firmly.

They haven't kissed?

My heart selfishly fluttered in hearing those news, because Vincent would usually go for a kiss on the first date.

He was such a flirt. How did I know? We were friends way before we ever started dating. He was always subtly flirting with me. From our conversations about scenarios of me drowning and him performing CPR to me having a fever and him offering to take my body showers. It went on until he finally got the balls to ask me on a date, but before he did, he used to always talk about how he would never allow a women to go home and not give him even a kiss; obviously communicating to me what was planned for our first date. So that's how I know.

"Alex, seriously. What happened between you two?" Kate asked once more.

"Okay, okay. But you cannot tell Haze, because she will probably freak." I begged, feeling worried of Kate's decision.