let's go shop*

let's go shop

*edited*

My eyes opened wide, slowly taking in my surroundings. The plush blue comforter. The iridescent white walls. The white nightstand with my contacts case laying on the top next to the modern lamp. I suddenly realized that it was a dream; that I was still in my bed. God, did I feel relieved. But at the same time extremely anxious. I thought back on my time spent in Walter's bed. How much of it had been a dream?

I got up and brushed my teeth, washed my face, put in my contacts, and put on make up and did my hair. This is my morning routine now. But this morning's particular routine was interrupted when I glanced down at my phone and checked the time. 1 o'clock. Shit! I had slept in big time!

I ran back into my bedroom and looked around for everyone that had stayed last night, but they weren't there. I quickly went down the rest of the stairs and threw the small hallway to the kitchen. As I made my way around, I did notice decorations. Sky blue and neon green schemed the house. Streamers were twisted everywhere, lights were up and waiting to be turned on, every corner of the house had a balloon in it.

Walter was sitting at the small breakfast table with a cup of coffee. He was reading a letter, but quickly folded it up and put it in his jeans when he saw me walk in. He smiled at me warmly before getting up and pulling me to him.

"Well, good morning Sleeping Beauty. How are you?" he asked with a teasing grin and kissed me on the head.

I pulled away quickly. "Where's Chloe? And everyone else?" I asked frantically through the daze Walter's affection put me in.

"They all went home. Chloe said she was tired of waiting for you to wake up and everyone else was tired of being used as free manual labor. We're alone in the house. At least for the few hours we are. So what do you want to do?" He gave me a devilish grin and wiggled his eyebrows.

In response, I giggled and kissed him. When he went to break away, I quickly pulled him back to me. It was a while before I pulled away. Where has this newfound confidence come from? Who knew you only had to change literally everything about yourself to get a guy to like you? I nearly cringed, but pushed the thought to the back of my mind quickly.

He copied my southern accent when he said, "Well, ma'am. That's a dangerous proposition." He had the largest of smiles on his face.

I giggled again (God, I'm such a dork) and gave him what was meant to be a quick peck on the lips, but he held me there this time. At first, it was fast and urgent. But soon, it turned slow and passionate, and it felt like it was going to go further than just kissing. Walter's hands started playing with the edge of my tank top, tickling my midriff.

Then the front door slammed and Walter and I flew apart from each other. My mom stormed into the kitchen.

"Lace-Elizabeth! What were you thinking! I have been trying to call you all morning!" Steam was practically coming out of the orifices in her head. It was tough to decide whether her angry voice was more effective with a southern accent or not.

"I'm sorry, mama. I just woke up," I explained guiltily. I had completely ignored the missed calls on my phone when I checked the time.

She tried to compose herself. Which meant, she still looked like she was going to strangle me, but she stopped yelling. "Well, you could have at least checked your phone right when you got up."

"I said that I was sorry, mama." Let's skip the fact that I had sort of checked my phone.

She pushed her auburn bangs back, trying to bypass her aggravation. "Well, I was trying to see if you wanted to go out for lunch with me."

I awkwardly looked up at Walter, then back at my mom. "Well, if Walter doesn't have a problem with it. We were going to hang out."

Walter put his hands up in surrender. No way in Hell was he going to stand in the way of my mother's wishes. "Fine by me. Mother daughter bonding time- woo!" That last bit was simultaneously disheartened and mocking.

My mom smiled at him. "You are just a big sweetie! Now go upstairs and make yourself presentable, Elizabeth."

I walked upstairs to my (temporary) bedroom. I dug through my small-but-not-too-small closet and finally came out with a pair of white jean shorts and a coral t-shirt. I brushed my hair out and spurtzed sea salt in it and scrunched it a bit. I put on light pink eyeshadow, mascara, and clear lipgloss. When I was perfectly satisfied with my appearance and how I thought other people would think of it, I went back downstairs.

I hopped off the last step and walked back into the kitchen. And it was empty. I looked in the livingroom. Empty. I went downstairs and searched the den and the bar. Zilch. I opened the door to Walter's room. Even though there wasn't anything there either, I lingered and smiled a little. I went back upstairs and outside. My mom was sitting in her car, which was parked on the curb.

I ran over to the car and hopped in the passenger seat.

"Where's Walter at?" I asked with my brows furrowed. Man, it was hard to shake an accent.

"Oh, he just went to the grocery store uptown. Now, buckle up, honey. We have to get to the mall."

"The mall?" I asked as I buckled my seatbelt and looked at her quizzically.

"Oh, of course, Honey. You're going to need a new outfit for the party tonight!" Then she punched the gas and drove to the mall.

-

After hours of wandering and searching through thousands upon thousands cloth racks, I finally came up with a dress. And, let me just say, It's going to be stunning tonight. With a pair of silver heels. How am I supposed to spend the whole night in heels?