it's just a dream*

it's just a dream

edited

Sneaking back into my room wasn't that bad, as everyone was still fast asleep. It was the waking up in the morning that was hard. All of the girls woke me up saying they were hungry around eight o'clock. Normally, that wouldn't be a problem for me, but considering I didn't sleep a wink last night, it is one. Once they saw I was awake, we had to jump straight into the action.They pushed me into my closet to get dressed (which I did surprisingly quickly) and down the stairs to make breakfast (which was unnaturally good and had a way bigger selection of food than normal). After we ate, it was straight to the decorating. The number of the girls mysteriously dwindled throughout the time it took to decorate. I didn't really notice, though. I was too busy with all of the decorating.

Somehow, all of the supplies were just waiting in the kitchen. I methodically put up the decorations all over the house. Inside and out, everything was purple, maroon, pink, green, and gold, making it look kind of like we were at an Indian wedding. The basement, however, was decorated differently. There were strobe lights and small, colored disco balls everywhere. There was a fog machine that filled the room with a thin layer of smoke that covered everything. I honestly thought it would give me a headache, as stuff like this normally does. But it just looked amazingly, awesomely fun. An odd thing, though: books kept popping up out of nowhere. Book stickers, cardboard cutouts of books, actual books. Everytime I saw one, it reminded me of the actual me, the Lacee me, so I threw them all away before anyone else could see them.

I looked around at the great job we did as I plopped down onto the leather couch. Then I remembered that there were supposed to be some other people here with me. Where the Hell are they at? I pushed myself off of the couch and slowly walked one step at a time up the stairs of the basement. I entered into the living room and turned into the small hallway. I practically skipped into the kitchen, because somehow I knew that Walter would be in there.

I saw two figures tangled together, leaned up against the counter. The lights were off, so I couldn't see exactly who they were. A boy and a girl? I flicked on the lights to find out, then immediately froze up. God, do I wish I hadn't turned the lights on.Walter and Chloe were practically eating each others faces. Chloe was sitting up on the counter, with her long legs wrapped around Walter's waist. Walter came up for air, so Chloe began trailing hungry kisses down his neck.

I'm pretty sure my eye twitched. I yelled something incoherent at them. I'm pretty sure I was speaking Simlish, but my point got across. Walter whipped his head back and made eye contact with me, then quickly pushed away from Chloe. Chloe slipped off the counter and smacked her head on it.

"Owww." She groaned, clutching her headI stared, wide eyed at Walter for an explanation.

"It's not what you think!" He said quickly.

"Ha!" I gave a bark of laughter. A rush of hot tears flooded my eyes. "Real original, Walter. Next time, try thinking of a better excuse.'I turned and bolted for the front door."Liz!" Walter called from behind me.

His protests quickly faded away, as I ran away from the house at an unnatural speed. I abruptly stopped and found myself at the neighborhood park. I was almost done crying when I stepped onto the mulch. I had my hand wrapped around the metal chain when I spotted a few people from school that I really didn't have the heart nor the energy for right now.

I turned to leave when I heard Arin yell over the crowd, "Hey, I gotta leave guys!" There were many overlapping half-hearted complaints, but no one stopped him. I knew he was coming towards me. Perfect. I tried to run, but my feet wouldn't move properly. I had to drag them, like they were being weighed down. It wasn't very hard for Arin to catch up to me. When he did, he put a hand on my shoulder to turn me around and I quickly slapped it off.

"What? Are you okay?" Arin asked, sounding genuinely concerned.

"No." I huffed and basically collapsed onto the middle of the sidewalk. The people in the tennis courts on the other side of fence stopped and stared at me in shock and concern.

"It's ok!" Arin yelled out to them. "She's fine!"

"EVERYTHING IS NOT OK! I AM NOT FINE!" I screamed and then rolled onto my stomach. Arin picked me up bridal-style and carried me to the swing set. He set me down on a swing and gently pushed me back and forth.

"Do you wanna talk about it?" He asked hesitantly after a long stretch of silence.

"Yes." I said shortly.

"Well?" He prompted.

"I can't talk about it with you." I stated.

"Why not?" He asked gently.

"Because it involves you!" I whined. My head snapped up as I realized my slip up. I hadn't been using a southern accent this entire time. I turned and looked Arin in the eyes. "Shit!"

Arin's eyes widened. "Y-y-you're eyes! I know those eyes! Just not those. . ." He wrinkled his brow and leaned in to get a closer look. "You-your voice! Your eyes! You're Lacee!"

I jumped off of the swing a took a few quick steps back. I saw a head of blonde hair glint in the sun on the right of me. I glanced its way and immediately recognized Walter, with lip gloss still smeared on his face.

Double, triple, quadruple SHIT!

"Who the Hell is Lacee?" He asked.

A giant book then fell from the sky and crushed me.