showing off*

showing off

*edited*

My daily schedule hadn't changed much. Of course, I had to give up my job at the library until further notice, which sucked. And I had to spend at least an hour a day doing something with Walter (orders from mom, not that I minded much).

Walter had turned out to be a really nice guy. He loved classical music, but was also into modern tunes. He was 23 years old. He had somewhat no clue when it came to clothes. He was trying to get a job as a grade school teacher around here. He absolutely loves children. He had inherited this house from his deceased grandfather. He hadn't been close to his father since his mother died two years ago. He had a younger sister around my age that he said I would be closest friends with if I knew her. His favorite movie was The Newsies, which is very cute.

I had told him about my mom and dad (the ranch owner versions, not the IT specialist and the nurse). I told him that my favorite movie was Clueless (which almost wasn't a lie, because I do enjoy that movie). He laughed, of course. I told him that it was kind of lonely being out here practically by myself since the rest of my family was back in Alabama (lie). I also told him some other stupid stuff that he'll probably forget, like the all too true story of how, in the seventh grade, I gave my presentation in the front of the class with the back of my skirt tucked into my tights.

Walter took me shopping for things to fill my temporary room with my mom's credit card. She said I could bring the stuff home with me and redecorated my room with it when I got back. The color scheme turned out to be blue and purple. It looked really nice. The room seemed like it could actually belong to a cool teenage girl now.

I came downstairs on my first school morning at Walter's, and found said homeowner in the kitchen in his sexy leather jacket. Pfft. And he said he didn't have a clue about clothes.

"Hey." he said with a smile. and took a bite of cereal."I have an idea."

I looked at him skeptically. I hadn't had much luck with people's ideas lately. "What kind of idea, Mr. Walter?"

"First off, stop calling me that! Second off, a good idea. You did say that those girls that you're friends with show up at school a half an hour early to hang out, right?" I nodded my head slowly, trying to understand where he was going with this. "Well, I figured that it would be a good idea to meet up with them this morning."

After he saw my questioning look, he went on, "Y'know, just so that way you don't seem like the odd one out."

I didn't want to, but I knew that it would help them gain my trust (or it would make them at least want to hang out with me more) if they lusted after my "brother".

-

We pulled up on the curb of the drop off area. Walter put the car in park, and turned it off, making every parent behind us peeved off. It wasn't hard to spot Chloe and her "friends". I pointed them out to Walter, which wasn't exactly necessary, and we started towards them. Angel, one of the groupies, whispered something that made them all look at us.

"Whoa, Lizzie! Who's the new guy?" Chloe said when we were in hearing distance. "I thought you had a thing for Arin!"