mild trouble*

mild trouble

*edited*

"So, Liz. Now that you're one of us, you have to pass initiation." Chloe said as we walked arm in arm to the cafeteria.

I tried not to look disgusted because I was this close to the Populars. I don't even know exactly how this happened. I was just sort of jumped by my locker.

"What initiation?" I asked innocently. But of course I already knew what it was. I had (secretly) dreamed of having to have an initiation ceremony many a time.

"Well, really you have to throw one of the most epic, most crazy, most amazing party that anyone has ever seen." Chloe said with a small but evil smile.

"Sounds easy enough," I said, acting breezy.

"Well, obviously you would think that. You weren't here for the best of the best." Rachel said snottily. Rachel is Chloe's the right hand girl and was quite obviously already jealous of me. It felt pretty liberating to have one of your tormentors suddenly feel jealous of you.

"Rachel! Shut up!" Chloe hissed as we sat down in the prime spot of the cafeteria. Chloe wasn't too fond of Lizzie, but she obviously didn't like Rachel being a bitch even more.

"No, it's fine, Chloe. I want to hear about these blowouts," I said. That was one of the few things that I had said all day that wasn't a lie.

"So, there are the five main legends," Rachel started excitedly and leaned in. "Chloe, obvi. Simon Gavery, currently a freshman at the University of California. Kamery Kunn, a junior now. Jade, a graduate. And Arin Heather. You know who Arin is, don't you?" She paused to see me nod my head, then went on. "Well, those are the five people that have had the best parties ever, in the history of the pops." I had noticed that the popular people had a nickname for themselves- Pops. I had no idea what to think of that.

I nodded my head. "So I just have to have a great party to be fully accepted into the Pops and invited to the other parties?"

"Pretty much!" Sallie said enthusiastically. Sallie was the . . .special . . .blondie in this group. Except she wasn't blond. This girl has a full head of red hair.

"You can have everything ready and set this weekend, right?" Chloe asked and smiled as she sent out a mass text to everyone who was anyone without waiting for my reply.

"Wait, but-"

"But what?" Chloe asked, and all the girls stopped to stare at me.

"Well, my brother is coming home from college this weekend. . . And my parents will be outta town . . And I don't think-"

"That is the perfect set up! Were you one of the Pops at your school in Alla-whatever?"

I nodded my head even though I hadn't really heard what Chloe said. Tons of different thoughts and scenarios ran through my head and a knot began to form in the pit of my stomach.

"Well then how did you not know that college age bro and no 'rents equals the best party ever!?"

I shrugged my shoulders, then said the lie that came easily off of the top of my head. "In Alabama we just normally throw big parties in a barn. Our parents would buy the booze."

Chloe widened her eyes then burst out laughing.

"What's so funny?" I demanded. I tried sounding defensive but really I was petrified she saw through my lie.

"It's not funny. It's cute. Your accent, that is. It makes everything you say sound so innocent and. . . childish," Chloe said with a smile. "Oh, and time is Saturday at 10. See ya then." She blew a kiss, then got up and left her followers, me, and the cafeteria behind her.

'Great' I thought. 'How the hell am I supposed to get an empty house, and a 20-year-old brother by Saturday?'