sneek attack & getting caught*

sneak attack & getting caught

*edited*

I felt like I had been through Hell. I was so confused that if I even tried to consider something, it would fry my brain. So I decided to lose myself in one of my many books. I scanned through my three book shelves, and after a few minutes of looking, I decided on a Stephen King novel. Something that has nothing to do with romance.

I was almost through the book at 2:30 in the morning, feeling a little creeped out, and I was convinced that someone was watching me.

I was so caught up in the story that I didn't notice the huge shadow looming in the window, until I heard the window open and a loud thud.

I repressed a scream, and jumped off the bed.

"Sorry 'bout that. I guess I should have called first." Arin said, standing up.

"What the Hell! How do you know where I live?" I whisper yelled.

"I kinda followed you home from school . . ."

"You mean you've been sitting in my tree the whole time?"

"No! God, no! That would be creepy," Arin said and waved his hands frantically. "I went home to drop my car off and then walked back here."

I looked at him with my eyes squinted and shaking my head.

All of a sudden I felt self conscious. I was wearing a light blu tank top, multi-colored striped pajama short shorts, my hair was in a ponytail with my bangs hanging out, and there were no glasses to be found on my face, so my blue eyes were out in the open.

Arin stared at me as if he were hypnotized.

"What?" I asked defensively.

"Your eyes, they're. . . Wow. You're wow."

"Not really the time or place, Arin. Why are you here?"

"I wanted to say sorry. That I shouldn't have ditched you. Bu-"

"I know that," I said and crossed my arms. "And at this point, your excuses won't cut it."

My bedroom door swung open and in the the doorway stood my very pissed off dad.

"DADDY!" I screeched in surprise. I mean, like, what? Had my father really just caught me in my room with a guy (not to mention one that he didn't know) past the middle of the night? My father was looking at Aron as if he were going to push him out the window and be done with it.

"Lacee," Dad growled. "Explain. Now." He took in deep breaths, trying to calm himself, probably. He was in his navy blue and red plaid bathrobe, and his red flannel pajama pants. He was holding his old baseball bat in his left hand, and his salt and pepper hair was messed up.

"Well, ya see, this is my, uh, friend, Arin." I said looking at my feet. I temporarily thought about trying to convince my father that this was all a dream, but my mother walked in behind my dad.

"Honey, you should just go back to bed." Mom said to dad in his ear.

"But, I-" Dad started to argue, not taking his eyes from Arin.

"I know, but bashing the boy's skull in is not going to go to well with anybody." My dad began to protest again, but my mom cocked an eyebrow and put her hands on her hips.

I snuck a quick glance at Arin as my dad left the room, and I could almost swear that I saw a bead of sweat trickle down his forehead.

"Come on, kids. Let's go down to the kitchen. I'll make a little snack and some hot coco." My mom smiled as if she were talking to two girls at a sleep-over rather than her teenage daughter and a guy who snuck in her house in the middle of the night.

Arin and I looked at each other, then cautiously followed my mother down the stairs.

We walked down the hardwood steps, through the living room, and into our oversized kitchen. The floors were made of stone,and so were all of the counter-tops. The cabinets were made out of light wood, the same stuff at the base of the island that we had in the middle of the room. Arin and I hopped onto the barstools by the island, and my mom put some cookies into the microwave to heat up. She took them out after the timer went off and set them down in front of us.

"So." My mom said as she wiped her hands on her pajama pants and grabbed a cookie. She put her elbows on the counter in front of us and took a small bite of her cookie. "I'm Lacee's mom Emma. Call me Mrs. Hera. And you are?"

"Arin, uh, Arin Heather, ma'am." He told her and gave my mom his award winning smile, which faltered a little.

"I am not a thousand -years-old, thank you very much. So don't go calling me ma'am!" My mom said with a stern look. She glanced at me and we both laughed. "I'm just pulling your leg, sweety. Don't take me serious all of the time. It's bad for your health."

Arin laughed nervously, glanced at me, to the doorway, and back to my mom. I had a sudden thought that maybe Arin is a flight risk. This thought was quickly disproved, however, when he settled down into the seat, getting comfortable, and asked, "So, Mrs. Hera, what do you do for a living?" The three of us chatted for a while, and when we were finished eating the cookies and drinking the hot chocolate, Arin left. He had to get home before the sun comes up. And get at least some sleep because we have school in the morning.

"Well, mom, what do you think?" I asked nervously as I closed the door behind Arin.

"Well, you're not in trouble, seeing as it wasn't your fault that a boy snuck into your room. I'm suspicious of that boy, though. He seems very indecisive. So I have a plan . . ."