The Burning One

Year 500 ~ Half of the world shall be destroyed, fault of the Noroshi's.

Year 1000 ~ War shall occur between the two countries, Luos and Erif. The reason-

Year 2000 ~ And there shall be born, a girl of rich red hair. She shall be called, "Burning One," And shall terminate the war between Luos and Erif. She shall be born a Noroshi, and she shall make everyone equal.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Mommy?" A little girl walked over to her mother and climbed onto her lap. "Why do the other kids at school hate me?"

The girl's mother stroked the girl hair softly. "Hate is a strong word, darling. They don't hate you-"

"Yes they do!" The little girl interrupted. "They always make fun of me and call me names mommy! Why do they hate me so much?!" The little girl began to cry. Her mother hugged her tightly.

"Honey...It is because we are Noroshi's."

"But what does that have to do with anything?"

"According to our history, us Noroshi's destroyed half of the world once. And everyone disliked us for that reason. Even though that it was our ancestors that did anything. We never did it but...Everyone still hates us Noroshi's."

"Is that why we can't get a bigger house? And why no one will hire you for a job?"

"Correct honey." The little girl sniffed and looked up into her mother's eyes. Her mother wiped off a tear from her cheek and smiled. "But don't worry. I bet that someday, Noroshi's will be equal to those Ryins. We will be all the same. The Score says so."

The little girl smiled. "I like the Score. It says that everyone will be equal again! I can't wait until that happens!" She giggled and hugged her mother. "Mommy. I promise. When I'm older, I'm going to get a job and get us a bigger house! And I swear that I will give all the money I earn to you."

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Fina! Look out!"

Fina whipped around and quickly blocked an attack. She then pushed her sword into the body and instantly killed the flying monster.. She took her sword out and watched it fall dead to the ground. Fina turned back around and ran over to her partners side. "Thanks. I owe you one."

Her partner gave her a look. "It's not like that. I'm only working with you for the money you stupid Noroshi."

Fina sighed and shook her head. "Whatever."

Her partner scoffed and turned back to the monsters that were ganging up on them. The two of them quickly finished them off, and had completed their mission.

"Whew!" Fina panted. She placed her sword back into it's sheathe and flicked her red hair away from her eyes. One eye was a dark orange while the other was a very bright orange.(Pic to Right) "Okay. The path is cleared from enemies!"

Her partner gave her a stare. Fina huffed and turned away. "Stop trying to be friendly. I'm not going to like you." He snapped at her. He was a boy of the age of 17, and had long brown hair with bangs that slightly covered his brown eyes. He wore a black choker around his neck and wore a red polo shirt with a black under shirt underneath. The polo shirt was un-done. He wore black pants and sneakers, and had black gloves on, but the gloves didn't cover his fingers. His name was Richter.

Richter placed his own sword in it's sheathe and turned to face Fina. "Well then, let's go report to the boss that our mission has been completed."

Fina nodded. "Okay."

Just as promised to her mother, Fina had gotten a job. It wasn't one her mother wanted her to do, but she earned money. And now, her mother, Amelia, has gotten a bigger house. But, she fell ill, and now Fina has to work even harder so she can hire someone to take care of Amelia. Her job was to get rid of monsters that lived near towns so they won't harm the citizens of Erif.

The two countries, Erif and Luos are at war. Many people forget why because the Score is messed up. Some of the letters and writings of the Score had went missing. But, the two rulers, King Aster of Erif, and King Albert of Luos only know why. But they refuse to tell anyone. Many people believe it is because of the Noroshi's.

The Noroshi's can use magic, and are the only people who can. But one day, many many years ago, a group of Noroshi's got together to show each other their magic. But something went wrong. Every Noroshi used their power, and it destroyed the country, Enog, which took up almost half of the world. many years after that, Ryins, (The other race of people) hated the Noroshi's. Even to this very day they still don't like them.

Only few Noroshi's exist now because of the new law around the world: Noroshi's are to be killed. But after a few years, the King's got rid of that law, due to the population growing weak. Even though the law has been removed, it doesn't stop the Ryins not liking the Noroshi's.

Fina hated that. No one liked her because she was a Noroshi. She was even lucky just to get a job! Her co-workers hated her, but as long as her and her mother could live, she didn't care. Her mother fell ill and had to quit her job. Fina has been saving up money so she could get her mother to a hospital. Fina was now sixteen years of age, and grew up to be a strong, brave young lady.

Richter and Fina walked away from the River they were fighting monsters at, and returned back to town, where their boss was waiting at the entrance.

He clapped his hands when he saw them approaching. When they got close enough, their boss nodded. "Good work you two. I've already made reservation at the inn. Tomorrow morning we'll set off for the next town, Fubras."

"Yes sir." Richter and Fina said at the same time.

"For now, you guys can browse through the stores and all that. Just make sure to have money with you."

"Yes sir." They said again. Their boss moved out of the way so the two of them could get into town. Richter gave Fina a cold stare before entering town. Fina huffed and walked behind him, but as soon as she got the chance to get away from him, she did.

 The town was small, but it was always busy. Buildings were all made of brick, and were as big as apartment buildings, but small shops would be opened in various of places around the town. The shops were usually extremely small, like yard and garage sales, but yet people from all around come to this town to buy stuff.  People would be selling weapons, food,  jewels...They'd be selling almost everything that everyone needed! This town is where everyone goes to for what they need or want.

But Fina didn't like the town too much because people would eye her suspicious. She could tell that they thought she was a Noroshi. You could tell if one was a Noroshi by their eyes. The eye color was the same, but one eye was brighter than the other.

Fina browsed through different shops, but eventually had enough when people kept staring at her. She decided to go to the Inn and just chill out there.

When she entered the Inn, the owner of the shop stared with huge eyes. Fina sighed and said, "I work with Sir Bryant."

The owner laughed and shook his head. "I can't believe it! He wasn't lying when he said that there was a Noroshi in town! You Noroshi's should be where you belong! In hell!"

Fina closed her eyes as her hands began to tremble. She hated being treated like this. But, she had to deal with it until the time comes. Like the Score says, eventually the humiliation will end.

The owner soon stopped laughing, but had to wipe tears from his eyes before he continued on, "Oh whatever. If Sir Bryant says so then I guess it's okay." He pointed to the side. "There's your room." He sourly said.

Fina didn't even glance at him as she walked to the room. She saw eight beds in all in that one room. Fina chose the one all the way in the dark corner and sat down on it before taking off her shoes and setting her sword next to the bed. She laid down on the bed and closed her eyes and tried to fall asleep.