When I think about my life ( Prologue)

"Jonathan Toews passes the puck to Patrick Kane.. Kane he shoots he Scores!!! Hawks Win! Hawks Win!!!" the cheers erupted in the United Center, the Madhouse on Madison, was alive and wild with happy applause. Nothing could bring down the spirits of these fans tonight, the game is over and it is a blackhawks victory. Happy fans children and adults alike slowly start filing out of the rows and sections of the United Center, cameras still flashing as a group of teenage girls take one last photo of the Indian head in the middle of the rink. Fighting my way carefully through the crowd I made my way to the entrance and stepped outside, It was a beautiful October night in the greatest city in the world. I slowly got into my Jeep and placed the key into the ignition; i'd see him when he got home. I closed my eyes and leaned my head back into the head rest, smiling at the memory of it, so much had changed in the last two years it was crazy almost unimaginable to think about how catastrophically different it all could of gone. I am so grateful for the way it turned out because when I think about how happy i am now, I wouldn't want it any other way.  As strange as it sounds Being in a serious relationship with an NHL superstar is truly the best thing that has ever happened to me, and I'm sure he feels the same. I begin my drive from the United Center, I finally got home put my keys in a drawer by the phone on the counter; and quickly showered put Nike pro spandex and a big blackhawks tee on, then I patiently waited for my man to get home. 

 During that time I guess I fell asleep because the next thing I knew I was waking up the next morning in bed with his strong arms wrapped around me, all was right in the world so I closed my eyes and tried to fall back to sleep just for maybe a little bit longer. If you had asked me two years ago if my life would of or could even be like this, well let's just say that I would have thought you were crazy for even suggesting such a thing. Usually I was the most unlucky person in the world, I really honestly mean that, my luck seriously sucked! I had been in a string of just really bad relationships, I felt like my job was taking me nowhere and to top it all off my Grandmother had just died. Life just kept on handing me lemons, yet somehow i was supposed to make lemonade..(or at least i think that was how the saying went.) well that just wasn't going to happen, not anytime soon believe me. Ironically enough then one day my luck finally seemed to change it was as if some devine power was finally cutting me a break, a really really big break. 

So let's rewind the clock two years, back to the time I met my best friend, my partner in crime, and undoubtedly my soulmate; or the single best thing to happen to me in a very very very long time, this story..my story...NO wait, OUR story is worth hearing.