Chapter 15

Holy bananas.

THERE'S ONLY FOUR CHAPTERS LEFT, INCLUDING THIS ONE!

I gotta start working on the preview to Prisoner of Azkaban... I also need to think of a new title. Maybe, JInx Not-So-Malfoy and the Guy Who Broke Out of Azkaban.

Yeah. I need to work on that.

So, THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR READING! Peoples who comment: Bless you for commenting. Your comments make me feel so special. x]

So, I'm dedicating this to Tigrisangel 'cause she always comments and votes. :D

And her cat has thumbs. O.o

Message to Hannah: Can I have my kitty back now?

Summer was creeping over the grounds around the castle; sky and lake alike turned periwinkle blue and flowers large as cabbages burst into bloom in the greenhouses. But with no Hagrid visible from the castle windows, striding the grounds with Fang at his heels, the scene didn't look right; no better, in fact, than the inside of the castle, where things were so horribly wrong.

And I was still a ghost.

Harry and Ron had tried to visit Hermione and I, but visitors were now barred from the hospital wing.

WE'RE PETRIFIED, NOT CONTAGIOUS!

"We're taking no more chances," Madam Pomfrey told them severely through a crack in the infirmary door. "No, I'm sorry, there's every chance the attacker might come back to finish these people off..."

With Dumbledore gone, fear had spread as never before, so that the sun warming the castle walls outside seemed to stop at the mullioned windows. There was barely a face to be seen in the school that didn't look worried and tense, and any laughter that rang through the corridors sounded shrill and unnatural and was quickly stifled.

Harry constantly repeated Dumbledore's final words to himself, which is actually kind of annoying considering I'm stalking him.

"I will only truly have left this school when none here are loyal to me... Help will always be given at Hogwarts to those who ask for it."

But what good were these words? Who exactly were they supposed to ask for help, when everyone was just as confused and scared as they were?

Hagrid's hint about the spiders was far easier to understand the trouble was, there didn't seem to be a single spider left in the castle to follow. Harry looked everywhere he went, helped (rather reluctantly) by Ron. They were hampered, of course, by the fact that they weren't allowed to wander off on their own but had to move around the castle in a pack with the other Gryffindors.

Most of our fellow students seemed glad that they were being shepherded from class to class by teachers, but Harry found it very irksome.

Why must he mutter all his intermost thoughts under his breath? Sure, it's keeping me in the loop but having this super-ghostie hearing is annoying. You hear all the whispers, all the things you DON'T want to hear, and more than you SHOULD hear.

I heard some sixth year guys talking about their penises the other day.

One person, however, seemed to be thoroughly enjoying the atmosphere of terror and suspicion. Draco was strutting around the school as though he had just been appointed Head Boy, not even concerned for me. I didn't realize what he was so pleased about until the Potions lesson about two weeks after Dumbledore and Hagrid had left, when, sitting right behind Draco, Harry and I overheard him gloating to Crabbe and Goyle.