Chapter Eight: The party part 1

9:32 Friday night

By the time Jesslyn and Alyssa had prepped themselves for the party and parked on the street they could already hear the party pulsing. Stopping the engine Jesslyn looked over to her bothered

 “Are you sure you wont get in trouble with your mum?

“Don’t worry about it Jesslyn, she wont even know I’m gone” Alyssa said facing away hoping to hide the quick stab of sadness. 

“You look stunning!” Jesslyn said excitedly as they stepped onto the curb. 

“Aw...” Alyssa said awkwardly. She could never take compliments, she felt like she was being lied to. 

“All thanks to your wonderful makeup artistry.” Wobbling along the side walk she added “You look beautiful Jesslyn, you’re bound to blow Niall away” Jesslyn blushed at Alyssa’s comment. 

“Ugh, how do models walk in these, I feel like I’m about to break my ankle” She said peering down at her black stiletto shoes that Jesslyn pinched from her mums closet. 

“My mum told me a trick from her Miss World competition, boobs out” She adjusted Alyssa’s back laughing. “And you know how those models cross their legs over when they walk, don’t do that unless you want a broken face” 

Jesslyn gave her more tips to walk in the skyscraper heels as Alyssa practiced her cat walk up the concrete path, stumbling a few times. She tried to follow every smooth movement she saw the models do on Americas Next Top Model, soon getting the hang of it. 

"You're a natural!" Jesslyn clapped

As soon as Alyssa was confident enough she swayed her hips side to side making her way up to the door. 

Left foot. Right foot. Left foot…

Jesslyn knocked on the front door letting out an excited squeal smiling hugely at Alyssa. The front door was opened by a guy with long dreadlocks 

“Duuuude” He slurred checking her out. She tugged at her tight dress uneasily and gave him a quick smile. Having Jesslyn next to Alyssa made her more at ease but she didn’t enjoy the attention. Parting ways with Jesslyn she went to find Victoria. Inside she was greeted by a sweet musky smell, booming music and laser lights illuminating over the fog of the smoke. She was passed a cup by someone passing by. She felt like she was at one of those American parties, with the red cups and drunken laughter.

She sniffed the liquid inside the cup Beer. Drinking wasn’t her thing so she set it aside and continued trying to find Victoria.

“Over here!” She heard a familiar voice yell over the music. Finding the voice she found Victoria waving wrapped up in the arms of who she assumed was Liam. 

“Hey Victoria” Giving her a quick hug. 

“Alyssa, you look like, wicked!” She said truly sounding astonished. 

“You should see Jesslyn.” Alyssa said diverting the attention away from her self.

“So I finally get to meet you. I’m Liam Payne. Pleasure to meet you” He said politely, unwrapping Victoria from his arms and extending his hand. his face was soft and sweet, almost feminine, besides his strong jaw line, and the light stubble.

“And I finally get to meet YOU!” Alyssa said in return “Victoria couldn’t stop talking about you. I’m Alyssa Millwood by the way” Alyssa said taking his large hand and shaking it. 

“Oi! Shut up. Hey, do you need a drink?” Victoria laughed

"Nah, I'm fine, I don’t really drink. I prefer watching all the crazy things people do when they're intoxicated, rather than me being the fool."

“Mee too! Join the club!” He held his hand up for a high-five, which she accepted. 

Quickly distracted he said “Look at them too!” Liam said sweetly looking back and fourth at both Jesslyn and Niall. They stood awkwardly out side across the veranda. 

“Why aren’t they talking?” Alyssa said

“They soooo need to go out.” Victoria said hopefully

“All they talk about is each other, isn’t that right Vicky” Liam said wrapping his arms around her.

“Let’s set them up. Let’s just do it.”  They all nodded in agreement and burst out laughing imagining Jesslyn and Niall’s self-conscious flirtation. 

After kissing Victoria sweetly he said “So a little birdie tells me you’re amazing at singing?” 

“Unfair! You didn’t tell me Lyssa” Victoria whined.

WHAT. “Uh- I’m okay?” She stuttered feeling her palms sweating.

“Oh c’mon! That’s an understatement. He couldn’t stop raving about your voice”

He? “May I ask who this little birdie is?”

His mouth formed an o shape and his eyes darted across the room. “I’ve already said too much.” 

“Pleeeease!” She begged, even though she had a fair idea who it was. But when had he heard me sing?

“You’ll figure it out” He chuckled waving at someone across the room, causing Alyssa to turn around and gasp.

He stood on his toes trying to see past the crowded room. Where is she? He weaved through the crowd of people packed into the room like sardines in a can. That was when he saw her. His eyes widened in awe.  Her hair was down to the small of her back and the laser lights reflected off it, leaving it with a red tinge. He started at the ground working his way up her body. Her heals were jet black complimenting her tan thin legs. Moving up her body he saw her perfect small waist that the strapless black and gold dress fitted tightly around, outlining her curves. Oh and her face. Even with the dimness of the room he could still see her immense beauty. 

“She’s beautiful isn’t she” Niall said interrupting his daydream.

“Who Alyssa? Yeah she’s alright?” He said embarrassed he was caught staring

“What. No, Jesslyn. She’s magnificent.” Niall said with a sigh.

“Go get her then bud, get her a drink” Harry said encouragingly.

“Don’t be ridiculous! I can’t just walk up to her and talk to her! What if she rejects me?” He said miserably 

“Niall.” He said tearing his eyes away from Alyssa and placing a hand on Niall’s shoulder 

“She’d be crazy not to love you. Look at you, you’re the cutest Irish boy around” He said ruffling his hair. 

“Not to mention the only Irish boy around” Niall mumbled to himself before sculling another cup of beer and walking outside.

As Niall walked away Harry’s eyes instantly searched for Alyssa again to find her doubling over laughing clutching her stomach looking back and fourth at the cute couple. Ugh couples Harry thought, then remembering he himself was a ‘couple’ 

Liam snapped Harry out of his day dream by waving far too dramatically, causing Alyssa to look over her shoulder shocked.

Shit shit shit! Harry you moron! He cursed at himself forcing a smile on to his face hoping that he hid his humiliated look for being caught staring. Again.