Chapter Fourty- Giddy up horsey

Sam's P.O.V

I couldn't help but grin to myself as I packed my clothes into the new suitcase mom brought for me- she hates the idea of re-using luggage, for some reason, and always buys us a suitcase if we're going anywhere. It was the 28th of September. Cherry and I were leaving that day and weren't going to be back until the fifth of January. Just thinking about having my beautiful girlfriend to myself-almost- for 8 days set my heart racing.

I wasn't really even paying any attention to what clothes I was packing. Cherry told me London was colder than the States, but my closet was full of winter clothes anyway, so I just threw random clothes into the suitcase. No doubt Cherry was scrutinising over every single item she packed. I could never understand girls and their obsession with clothes.

"Hey, you done yet?" Cherry asked as she opened my door.

"You're done?" I asked, surprised.

"I've been done for hours," she told me, grinning.

"Then what have you been doing in your room?"

"Texting Jake."

"But Jake was in there with you."

"Then why...?"

She shrugged. "The text goes all the way up to Space and then back down. We were timing how long it took."

I shook my head and turned back to my closet. I grabbed a few pairs of shorts and shoved them into the top of the case for New York before I zipped it shut. "I'm ready."

"Me too."

I smirked. "You already said that."

"Shut up and get your arse downstairs," she mumbled.

"Arse? That's so British," I said, chuckling under my breath.

"I am British, Sam."

I just grinned at her.

The plane ride was so boring. Considering the UK is the closest country on our East coast (I think) it's a Hell of a long journey. Even on a Private, after two hours I could think of nothing better to do than sleep. Cherry had fallen asleep five minutes after the plane took off, so I curled up on the couch next to her and lifted her head so it was resting on my chest.

"Sleep tight, beautiful," I murmured before I drifted off.

What seemed like seconds after I’d fallen asleep, someone shook my shoulder.

"Sam," Gareth whispered. He was our 'flight attendant'.

"What?" I groaned.

"We're in London."

I sat up quickly, wincing as Cherry tumbled off of my lap to the floor.

"What the Hell?" She muttered, rubbing her eyes. "You dropped me!"

"I'm sorry!" I said quickly, helping her up. "Are you okay?"

"I'm fine. I just have a mean boyfriend," she mumbled teasingly.

"We're in London," I said, hoping it would distract her. I figured it did, as she jumped from the seat right next to me and darted across the plane to stare out of the window. She squealed excitedly and I glanced outside to see what was so exciting. All I could see was other planes and a bunch of tarmac.

"I missed Heathrow airport soooo much!" She squeaked. "And I know exactly where we're going first."

She practically dragged me from the plane, only stopping to let me ask Gareth to bring our luggage to the hotel.