>eight<

Oh, Lord, this gon' be a looooong chapter ps does anyone else love Michelle Morrow the way I do because honestly d a m n

Y/N's POV

After a while, I start feeling better about the whole Devin situation. Traumatic as it was, it's nice to have the amazing friends I have. As the weeks go on, I make new friends. I get closer with Suzy and Holly. It's nice to have some female friends.

"We're having a Halloween party next weekend," Arin says one day as we're all eating lunch. "Y/n, you should come!" I smile, happy to be included.

"Yeah, of course!" I reply happily. I start scrolling through the list of costumes I could wear in my head. "Who else is going?" I ask, stabbing a piece of lettuce with my fork.

"Pretty much everyone from the office," he replies. Suzy leans in close to me and smiles.

"Don't worry," she says, "Chris will be there too." I try really hard not to blush when she nudges me with her elbow, but I fail. I look at Chris, who is standing across the room talking to Matt. He meets my gaze, but before he can smile or anything, I look away. But I still find myself smiling.

<time skip brought to you by chris's underrated half life 2 series>

After days of searching, I finally decide on a Halloween costume. The Wizard of Oz is my favorite musical, so naturally I'm going to be Dorothy Gale.

I'm setting my outfit on my bed when Ryan calls.

"I was wondering," he says, "if you'd want to come help us get ready? I have no idea what I'm doing with this makeup." He chuckles, and I wonder for a minute what it is he's going as.

"Yeah, sure! I'll get ready there too."

"Great, see you soon." We hang up, and I smile to myself.

An hour later, I'm slipping into my costume. I put my hair in pigtails and swipe on a coat of red lipstick. I pick up a tiny picnic basket and place a small stuffed Yorkie in it. I finish off the outfit by slipping on a pair of red kitten heels. I exit the boys' bathroom to see them both crowding over the TV. They're playing some dumb video game and getting very upset over it.

"FUCK YOU DUDE THIS FUCKING GAME-" Ryan yells. They're not even filming, but they act the exact same way they do when they are.

"CUPHEAD WAS SUPPOSED TO BE FUN." Matt adds, laughing through his yelling.

"Guys!" I yell, holding my stomach as I laugh. They turn to look at me, still laughing.

"Holy fuck, y/n, your costume is so good!" Ryan exclaims, rushing over to me. He reaches out and touches my pigtail gently before stepping back. "I should have been the scarecrow!" He adds.

"And I could have been the Wicked Witch, damn she thicc." Matt's comment makes us both laugh.

"Okay, so what are your costumes?" I ask the both of them.

"We're being zombies because we couldn't think of anything else." Matt says. He gestures to some ripped up clothing and a CVS bag full of cheap Halloween makeup.

"No." I say, pointing to the Halloween makeup. "That makeup sucks." Then, an idea strikes.

"What?" Ryan asks.

"We're going to that costume store down the street." (a/n: I'm pulling this out of my ass please forgive me)