Chapter Twenty Seven

"I didn't mean to make it worse,

To play my little game,

I left you feeling all alone,

The price tag of the fame." - Bach's Revenge debut album, track 12

Dusk settled. Sawyer sat quietly with Devin for most of the afternoon and helped her with the worksheets. Kid looked like all the pressure she'd been feeling had vanished which was good; Devin was too young to feel pressure or to doubt herself. Sawyer had a bad case of Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde. Sebastian didn't understand him, but more and more he was beginning to understand why Lane was both in love with him and terrified to say so.

Robbie and Lane sat side by side watching TV and Tally was peeking, no gawking out the window at the spectacle before her. "Holy! Is it always like this?" she whispered.

"Always," Charlie told her, nodding and glancing him. He was texting Rosa the details of his pre-engagement engagement, when he caught her peeking and gave her a wink.

"Is Barbie bitch always at the front of the line?" Tally asked.

"Always," Charlie nodded.

Robbie pulled the curtain back further and Charlie slinked away from view. "It's privacy glass, she can't see you," he advised.

"I don't necessarily want to see her."

"That's too bad," Tally said. "Allow me to give you a rundown. She's wearing red. Her boob is dangerously close to falling out. And she's either sporting an ultra push up or she's had work done. I bet it's the latter. She's also wearing heels high enough that she's staggering." After careful observation, Tally changed her mind. "Or maybe she's slobbering drunk." She twisted around to face Charlie. "Is she always slobbering drunk?"

"No," Charlie replied. "That must be just for you."

Tally fluttered her hand to cross her heart, "Oh. Well, I'm honored to say the least."

All of them were at the window now to watch and confirm Tally's suspicions. McKenzie was unquestionably drunk, swinging her hips, not being able to stand up straight. She failed at her attempts in leading the crowd in the sing-along that she usually did before each show.

"Wow," Charlie said. "She's hammered. Pay close attention to her boob, boys. It's going to make a run for it."

Sebastian shuddered at the thought. He'd rather be part of Sawyer's group bleach eyewash. "I'd rather shut my eyes for that. Block out the trauma and all."

"Move then," Robbie says.

"I wonder if she's got that double sided sticky tape holding them in," Devin said.

Robbie laughed. "Maybe I should go talk to her."

"Why?"

"She's drunk. I'm a guy. Seems natural."

Tally looked disgusted. "Dude, I didn't even think you would stoop that low. McKenzie? Really? And just in case you didn't get the memo she's got the hots for Sebastian, not you. So unless you can shapeshift or whatever to look like him, I wouldn't count on anything productive happening."

Robbie shrugged. "It was merely a suggestion. And don't you mean reproductive?"

"Eww, Robbie, you're going to make me vomit."

"You guys are sticks in the mud."

Sebastian brushed his fingers down Charlie's back before he sat back on the couch beside Robbie. "We need to get ready. They're going open the doors soon."