Chapter Thirteen

"Glad I finally know you,

The reason for your shame,

Shout it out and never doubt,

I see you just the same." - Bach's Revenge debut album, track 11

Sebastian whipped his phone across the room, threading his fingers through his hair and sank to his knees. "Fuck!"

Robbie came over and crouched beside him. "You alright man?"

Sebastian wouldn't let himself cry in front of his friend. Well, maybe Lane, but definitely not Robbie or Sawyer. "She knows," he breathed.

Robbie's eyes moved as though he was checking a filing cabinet in his brain for the right thing to say. Evidently, he came up with empty contents. "That's brutal."

It was more than brutal. Panic set it, and Sebastian stood and began to pace. His breathing became ragged, and he imagined someone running to him with a paper bag at any moment. It was Sawyer, who marched over and gripped the fabric of his shirt. He flashed a smile at Jack and his crew, leaning into the microphone Sebastian had been using for the last few days. "Gentleman," he said. "We'll just be a minute."

Ushering Sebastian out the back door, into the alley, he shoved him against the wall. "Get your shit together," he hissed. "We've worked too hard for this yeah? You aren't going to ruin it."

"She knows," Sebastian said, still in disbelief.

"Yeah, I caught that. Lemme ask you something. What the hell are you going to do about it from here?"

Sebastian just shrugged.

"Right. Not a fucking thing. Get your head in the game Sebastian. You're vocals, you started this band, but if you think for a second that you're not replaceable, think again. If you don't think there aren't a thousand other singers who would jump all over this, give your head a shake. Lane, Robbie and I are the closest thing you've got to brothers. You will not let us down."

Sebastian looked at his shoes. Charlie's words rang through his head. I hate you.

Sawyer shook him out of his reverie. "You hear me? You will not let us down. You can do what you need to do, clean up your shit when we get home. Until then, you are Sebastian, the front man for Bach's Revenge and nothing else. Are we clear?"

Sebastian nodded.

"Good," Sawyer said. "Get in there and sing. The sooner we get this bitch done, the sooner you can go him and try to salvage any kind of relationship with Charlie."

Charlie tore through the hallway like her shoes were on fire. It wasn't until she got to the parking lot that she stopped, only because she saw McKenzie standing beside her Mercedes smiling and laughing with Darlene and Shelby.

She came to a screeching halt and just stared.

McKenzie placed her hands on her hips. "What's a matter Charlie? Didn't get enough at the meeting, you had to come back for more."

"You slept with Sebastian."

McKenzie gave a satisfied smirk. "And the light goes on. I always knew you were smarter than you look."

"Why? Why couldn't you just leave him alone?" Tears burned again, but she refused to let her rival see her cry.

"I did leave him alone. Sebastian came on to me."