19 (Final Chapter)

(Get your tissues ready)

Stephanie's pov***

"I cannot believe you guys are taking two day old twins on an airplane" i said to Matt.

"Well we already missed a lot of work so we have to get back asap" Jenna said.

"Ya. Plus my paternity leave is only like 2 weeks and Jenna's is the same since she didn't actually have them" Matt said.

"Flight 121 to Woodbridge, Virginia is now boarding"

"Well I guess this is goodbye" Samantha said. Jenna came up to me and hugged me tightly.

"Thank you for giving me the best gift ever" she said and I could tell she was crying.

"You're welcome" I said. I started crying too. Once she let me go Matt hugged me.

"Thanks Steph. It really means a lot to us that you did this for us" he said.

"I just wanted to see you two happy. You're going to make great parents" I said. He let me go and I bent down to the baby carriers.

"Bye Justin. Bye Rey" I said to the babies. They were asleep so they didn't do anything.

"Bye guys" Matt said. As he picked up one of the baby carriers and Jenna picked up the other.

"Bye. Love you. Call me when you get home. I want daily updates on those little monsters" I said.

"Sure thing sis" they walked away.

"You okay" Hayes asked as he put his arm around me.

"I'll manage" I said wiping away my tears.

"Steps what's wrong?" Samantha asked.

"It's just. After you do the whole pregnant thing you get to go home and do the whole mom thing" I said.

"Give us a minute" Sam said to the guys and they walked a few feet away.

"Steph i know this must be hard-"

"Sam you have no idea how it feels. All the pain, the weight gain, the stretch marks, the labor. It was all for nothing. I had a special bond with the twins and not being able to take them home it's just really depressing. I was just the stork not the mother" i said as I broke down. She hugged me into a hug.

"I know you're hurting now but I'm the end you'll definitely be happy you did it. You were their miracle. They even named their daughter after you"

"I guess I deserve that much recognition" I said.

"You do. I'm even considering naming my daughter after you. When I have one" she said.

"Thanks Sam"

"And I want you to know if you're ever feeling down about the situation you can always come to my room and talk about it. I might not know exactly how you're feeling but I'll listen. Whether it's 3 in the morning or 10 at night I'll be there"

"Thanks" i said as I hugged her.

"Let's get out of here" she said. We walked over to the guys who were waiting.

"Are you okay?" Taylor asked me.

"Ya Im fine. Let's go to the bar though I haven't had a beer in 9 months" I said.

"Let's go"

Although Justin and Stephanie Rey aren't my kids they'll always have a very special place in my heart. I might have been Matt and Jenna's miracle but the twins were definitely mine.

At the end of the day, what I did was amazing and I am glad I did it. Will I do it again? Hell no. But will I embrace what I did? Yes. I know that in the future when I do have kids I'll be a great mother. But that's not for many many many years. Now that I know what labor feels like you best believe I'm not doing it for a long time.

My name is Stephanie Espinosa and this was the story of the time I was pregnant with my brother's baby. Like I said, it wasn't as crazy of a story as it seemed.

Started: 1/8/17
Completed: 10/1/17