m. How They Met

Me & You (c) 2014+

M. How They Met

He pulled the hoodie tighter around himself, trying to obtain as much warmth as possible. As a result of his lack of attention, he stumbled into a basket.

"Baskets move these days, huh." Jared grumbled, holding onto his stomach.

"Not unless they're being carried," someone laughed. It was light - lighter than the clouds, Jared imagined - and heavenly. When he looked up to see who he had caused damage to - more like who caused damage to him - the breath in his lungs were knocked out.

She was beautiful.

Scratch that, perfect - he thought.

"I'm, uh - I didn't - oh God-damn," he breathed out his stuttering, trying to compose himself before adding a sheepish "sorry".

Then she laughed and Jared was sure he would collapse to the ground any second.

Stupid knees.

"I'm Aliana," she held out her hand with a sweet, innocent smile.

"I'm Jared," with a breath-taking smile of his own, Jared lifted her hand and kissed the gaps between her knuckles. He heard a sharp intake of breath - her breath. "I'll see you again. Soon."

He  walked away, slightly satisfied before internally grumbling at himself.

"That was not smooth," he mumbled to himself.