4. House

Me & You (c) 2014+

4. House

"Where are we?" He asked once they passed the large double doors. He heard the faint sigh leave her lips but brushed it off as an action of impatience. He was wrong. If only he knew.

She tried to stop the memory from replaying but it was no use. It attacked her, made her weak. Ali remembered the way he smiled as he replied to her same question. But she wasn't just remembering, she was reliving. Her breath was knocked from her lungs leaving her breathless as a lazy smile spread across her face. Just as the words were going to fall out of her mouth - the same words he had answered with - she bit her tongue.

He was watching her with interest, his hand on her elbow.

Something passed between them.

It wasn't explosive, like fireworks, but it was there.

They felt it.

A small spark.

"This is our house" she smiled; he could tell it was forced.

"Aliana"

It didn't feel right.

She wanted to tell him that it was Ali. How many chances did she have to tell him; a lot. Yet an invisible string tugged her back whenever she was close enough. It's for the best, she thought. It always was.

He felt that there was more - so much more than what he could see. The question was whether it was worth it. Was it worth everything; he forgot. There was a reason he forgot. It's for the best, he thought. It always was.

So why didn't it feel right?