2. Don't you remember

Me & You (c) 2014+

2. Don't You Remember

Life was never meant to be easy - everyone knew that. Sometimes Ali wished that she could catch a break. That someone else would suffer the hard parts like she did. Because she knew, there were people in this world who had it easy. That was why life wasn't fair.

"You don't remember me?" Her voice was small and meek; it surprised Jared that she was capable of anything shy-like.

"Look, I'm so -"

"I'm Aliana," she spoke louder than a whisper. It was strong, certain. And the sheer amount of 'I'm not taking shit' that Jared could detect all the more shut him up. He was bewildered and dazed.

Where did this lioness come from?

She muttered something along the lines of remember; Jared was too far gone to remember. She just didn't know.

"I'm your Ali..."

That was the phrase from her dejected whispers, heavy sighs and crazed mumbles that managed to bring him back to reality. But he came with a dark glint in his eyes. Aliana noticed it too. There was something strange, something not right with the picture. His jaw tightened, his knuckles paled white and his arms tensed.

He was dark. He was dangerous. And he wasn't her Jared.

This wasn't the boy she knew and loved.

Sure he was there - only a touch away - with his messy mop of blond hair but he was different. He was cold, not warm with laughter like the guy she knew. He was calculative, watching her with cautious eyes. Nothing like the blue eyes that welcomed her away from her pain. He was there, in the very room as her. But he was so far from the world they built together.

And then all the emotions she had just seen were washed away like dry ice.

Blank. Nothing.

Life was a sad place, finally she concluded.