I Dare You

Stiles will be the first to admit having Liam in their lives now is probably doing more harm than good. Not necessarily harm, but he hasn't brought with him sunshine and daisies. Sure, he's a nice kid, cute even, if you can look past his extreme anger issues and his obvious struggles with being a newly beta. But with their most terrifying villains for the most part behind them, Liam and his side effects isn't their biggest problem.

As he's working hard toward being a good beta to Scott, somewhere along the way Liam fell for him. Which no one is much surprised about, it didn't take many charming glances or selfless acts of kindness for Isaac to fall in love with him, but everyone knew there was much more to it than that. Everyone assumed it was Scott's gorgeous face that drew him in but it was his even more beautiful personality that kept him right under his wing.

But what Liam didn't know was Isaac; and definitely not Scott and Isaac's history. He didn't know their unplanned steamy interaction when Scott brought him in from the rain when Derek threw him out with such terrible timing, which caused the undying love between the two wolves; that love that still is unfinished business.

Scott grew to like Liam, enjoying all his quirks. Liam has that fire beneath him that excites the other wolf. But he isn't committing to Liam, like Liam is to Scott. He thinks Scott just needs more time to admit to him what they have together, but everyone else knows a different story.

Stiles has tried numerous times to tell Scott to tell Liam the truth, before it's too late. All of them — Lydia, Allison, Derek, Boyd, Erica — tried to tell Scott he had to take action. But stubborn, kind Scott didn't want to hurt Liam, didn't want anyone around him to get hurt anymore, especially not because of him.

............................................................................................

Stiles checked his phone to see an incoming text from Isaac. He's been talking to the wolf from afar in secret for a little while now, and Isaac asked the short of Beacon Hills at the moment, if everyone is currently okay, if there's a new villain raiding the town, etc.

Alright, my flight came in, I'm looking for my luggage, I'll see you when? read Isaac's text.

Stiles typed out a quick reply:

On my way, probably 15 minutes.

Stiles only informed one person of Isaac's soon arrival, and that was Melissa. He was sure Isaac's presence would make her immensely happy but also knew it would be stressful if she had no prior knowledge or time to prepare.

So he shot Melissa a text as well about Isaac coming in now, she would most likely catch it on her break but he knows it would be nice to know just when Isaac's coming into her house to live again.

Stiles put his phone down and started up the jeep and headed out of the police station parking lot, for he dropped off some lunch to his father, waiting for that text from Isaac.

He drove to the airport and within fifteen minutes as he expected, he arrived at the airport and pulled off to the curb near the main entrance and texted Isaac he was there. A few moments later Isaac emerges from the doors, half hoping Scott would be in the passenger seat of Stiles's rusty old blue jeep, but thought twice as he remembered he told Stiles not to tell anyone aside from Melissa he was arriving.

Stiles jumps out of the car to assist Isaac in loading his bags into the jeep and when they're in the trunk, he turns to the other boy and hugs him.

"I actually missed you, if you can believe that," Stiles says with a smirk, his chin pressed against Isaac's scarf. Of course he was wearing a scarf, when wasn't he?