Living with Demons Ch.5

Whoo Chapter 5! I hope you enjoy :)

Chapter 5.

(Cry by Mandy Moore)

I sat at the door of my house for an hour coping with all the sudden changes in my life.

Blake, next to me, never said a word. It began to bug me, I wanted to know how he felt.

"Blake? How are you doing?" I whispered.

His head was bent down, so I couldn't see his face.

"Fine." He choked out.

Fine?

Not gonna cut it big guy.

"Blake, look at me. Don't lie. If you want to cry, then cry. If you want to scream, then scream as loud as you can. Hell, if you want to brake all the windows, then go do it." I say trying to comfort my little brother.

He picked his head up and looked at me.

Oh goodness.

His face was all puffy, he had bloodshot red eyes, his nose was running from continuous silent tears, his hair was a mess, and I never noticed he was shaking.

"Oh Blake, honey, don't worry I wont leave you. Please know that I will take care of you. Always and forever." I cooed to my brother, while giving him a bear hug.

"It's ok, Nasha, everything will be alright, I just know it." Blake said coming out of my hug and standing up strong and fierce. Man he looked so much like my father.

I stood up and realized I had never had the nerves to ask how my parents had died. How could I be so selfish?

"Blake?" I say.

"Hm?" Blake says looking at me.

"How....how...did mom and Spencer die exactly?" I ask to scarred to know the answer.

"Oh, they um, got into a car crash coming back from dinner." Blake said slowly and surprised at my question.

"Mk, thanks for telling me." I say not wanting to know anymore.

"Welcome." Blake says.

"I guess it's time to go inside, right?" I ask my little brother.

"Yeah, sure." He says.

I take my house key and unlock the front door. So many emotions are rushing through me at that moment, I can barley push the door open.

I turn the light switch on.

It's so quiet, and empty.

I cant deal with going into my parents room right now, so I head upstairs to my room. Blake followed, going into his room and locking the door.

I open my door and close it behind me.

I take my shoes off and slip out of my club dress. Picking up a t-shirt and shorts to sleep in.

I sit on my bed, not knowing what to think.

Instead, I begin to cry. Tears that I never wanted my little brother to see. I'm supposed to be the strong one, I cant be weak.

I lay on my bed crying myself to sleep.

Sleep that never came.

(Had Enough by Breaking Benjamin)

I woke up the next morning feeling sleep deprived. I pick up my alarm clock to check the time. 9:00 in the morning.

I still feel like crap.