9 // Gorgeous

"I need to see Caleb Kuwonu, it's important," Jade ran to the desk at the hospital.

"Are you family?"

"I'm his girlfriend. I need to see him."

"I'm sorry ma'am we're only allowing immediate fam-"

"No, she's fine. Jade c'mon."

Jade looked and saw his sister with a water bottle in her hands. I followed her.

"How is he?"

"He's unconscious, the doctors cleaned him up but he lost a lot of blood they really aren't sure what's next. They said you called just in time."

Jade walked into the room. His mom holding his hand, his brother and father standing over him. They looked at her as she walked in. Jade looked at Zion's beaten face; his left eye black his arms with bruises. Tears welled in her eyes as she looked at him. He beat Z up really bad. His mom got up and hugged her.

"He'll be okay. Everyone he loves will be here soon. He's strong. We'll give you some time alone with him."

She hugged Jade one last time. His dad pat her back and they all walked out the room. Slowly, she made her way over to him. The cardiac monitor showed his heart beating. She took a sigh of relief as she sat down in the chair his mother was previously in. She grabbed a hold of Zion's hand and watched his breathing. Her thumb made tiny circles on his hand; she knew he loved when she did that. She began singing Butterflies by Michael Jackson. It was one of the first songs she sang to him. He was in awe watching her. Jade figured singing it now would probably help him.

Jade grabbed a hold of one of Z's dreads that was in his face and moved it out the way. Her hand softly grazed his cuts and bruises on his face. A tear fell as she began to speak.

"This is all my fault. I should've told you sooner. I should've let someone know. I'm so stubborn I think I can do it all on my own. I was stupid. You went ahead and put your life on the line because of my stupid mistake. I need you to get better Zion. I need you to wake up. I'd never forgive myself for putting you in this predicament and you don't deserve to fall under something that was my problem from the get go. Please wake up Zion."

Jade put her head down as she began to cry. She whispered 'it's all my fault and I'm so sorry' as she sobbed. She continued holding Zion's hand; refusing to let go of him. As she cried, Zion's eyes opened slowly.

The bright lights hit his eyes. He wanted to keep them closed but he didn't know where he was. His body shifted a little as he picked up his head. He turned and saw the cardiac monitor and Jade holding his hand.

"Jade," his voice was raspy and soft. He said her name again.

"Zion!" She practically jumped on the boy. He groaned in pain making her back up, "Sorry I got a little too excited."

He laughed as she leaned forward and placed a soft kiss on his lips. Despite them being bruised, Zion allowed it. He winced but he ignored the pain. As Jade pulled away she smiled.

"Lemme go get your parents."

He nodded his head as he watched her leave.

***

The gang stood around the hospital bed. They came about 10 minutes after Zion had already woke up. Everyone looked like they had just gotten outta bed but it didn't matter what was most important was that Zion was okay.

Austin finished telling a joke that made everyone laugh. He gave Zion daps as Z laughed. He laughed a little too hard that he ended up feeling the pain.

"Boy if you don't relax before them stitches come undone," Erin said laughing. He gave her a smirk as he leaned back in his bed. He looked over at Edwin whose nose clearly was cut from when he punched him. Zion was surprised Edwin would even wanna see him after what he did.

"Thanks for coming to visit me guys. Edwin, I'm sorry for punching you in the face."

"It's all good. I'm just glad you're okay."

"Guys, the doctor says Zion needs to rest. You guys should get going too it's getting late," Zion's mom said as she entered the room. The gang said their final goodbyes.

Jade looked at Zion one more time. Zion grabbed her hand and looked at her. "Jade. Thank you."

"No. Thank you. Not just for trying to defend me but also for waking up. If you didn't, I don't know what I would be like right now."

"Imma keep it real with you, I probably wouldn't have if you didn't come see me."

"Get some rest Kuwonu, I'll visit you tomorrow." Jade leaned forward to hug Zion as he whispered in her ear.

"You look gorgeous. Stay the night? It'll be us two. He ain't stab me down there so my guy is working fine."

"Goodbye Z." She rolled her eyes and kissed him one last time as she left the room. Zion smiled as he lay in the bed content with life. Jade walked over to Erin and Edwin who were bringing her home. She nodded at them signally that everything was going to be okay.

A/N: I wasnt going to update. In fact I wasnt even going to finish this story but i felt bad at where I left off. So here is something to feed yall since I left you hanging at such a bad place. My bad. also, my friend dropped another song. Yall should go peep. Here's the link. Thanks 

https://soundcloud.com/jah-niya/best-friends-ft-jay-riquez