7 // You're The One That I Want

Jade shut her mom's car door behind her as she walked up the steps to Noah's house. Today they were shooting the music video for their project. They decided to post it and promo it across the school and internet. They picked their favorite out of the 5 songs they did for their EP. This one was one that they worked on together when everything was cool between them.

Jade noticed Zion's motorcycle on the sidewalk. She sighed as she passed it; remembering all the fun she had on it. She missed being on it. Her helmet that Z gave her sat on her nightstand; the eyes of T.J Eckleburg looking at her as she fell asleep every night. She would've gotten a ride from Zion if it wasn't for the current circumstances. She rang the doorbell and Noah opened the door.

"Hey Jade! How are you?"

"I'm alright, how are you?" She hugged him as she walked into the house. He replied as he offered her something to drink. She denied and thanked him anyway.

"Zion, is using the bathroom. Once he gets in back we can talk about a concept and everything."

She nodded her head and sat down on the couch as Noah left to grab more stuff for the video. Jade was nervous to see Zion. She knew with the context of the song, there were going to be intimate moments throughout. She was prepared for it. In fact, she was more excited for it. The thought of having to be near and close to Zion again made her feel warm and happy inside. Even if it wasn't reciprocated, it was going to mean the world to her. She knew that right now, in these couple of hours she has with him. She was going to make the most out of it.

"J."

Jade turned and stood as she saw Zion. He has his shirt off but with one in his hands to put on. He was wearing white overalls and the straps hung on his sides. She couldn't help but stare at him. He was single-handedly the most beautiful person she has ever seen walk the planet. He smiled and started putting on the shirt.

"So you just gonna stand there and stare? No hi? No hug? I get nothing? You know we're gonna have to be kind close soon right?"

He put the shirt over his head. In the moment his eyes were blinded by the shirt, Jade had walked over to him. He looked down at her and smiled as she wrapped her arms around him. He felt as her body melted into his arms. She felt calm and relaxed.

"I missed this," she mumbled against his chest. Z sighed as she let go.

"Is that what you're wearing?" Zion pointed at her Adidas pants and tank top. She laughed as she grabbed her bag.

"I'll go change."

"Lemme come with?" Jade looked at Zion with a raised eyebrow. He smiled as she rolled her eyes and walked into the bathroom.

He sighed as he took a seat on the couch. This was the most interaction the two have had since the date. Zion's didn't know what his heart was doing but all he knew was that he loved the feeling he had at that moment. He knew this video would mean that Jade would have to be a little closer to him than before. He was more than okay with that. He was going to take any chance he could get.

"Z? I left the sweater I was gonna wear can I just borrow yours? I know your ass probably has one."

"Here."

He handed her his winter olympics sweater that he had worn here. She slipped it on and put her bag on one of the kitchen chairs. She sat down and put on her sneakers. Zion watched as she then put her hair in a real quick bun.

"So are you just gonna stand there and stare?"

"Don't use my own words against me. But yeah I am. Just look at you. Gorgeous, baby. You're gorgeous."