Chapter Seven.

Everything after that point had slowed down, even time. I hadn't drifted to sleep, more so in fright that Pennywise might slit my throat if I made any noise. But I still couldn't seem to drift off even after counting endless sheep. I could hear Pennywise's heavy-ish breathing beside me, that also didn't help.

But fortunately, or rather unfortunately I somehow got dragged into an unsettling sleep, and when I finally awoke I was alone. Again. My eyes opened slowly to the dark room that surrounded me, i was aching. I was emotionally drained and wanted an end to this insanity. Why me?- I thought to myself. Out of everyone who could experience this bullshit it had to be me, it had to be me. Out of everything that I had put up with over the years, the same old bad luck keeps arriving on my door step.

I had been forced away from my parents at sixteen, as they were part of a secret experiment somewhere in Indiana. You could say that rich people always get their nose in it some how. I had turned  twenty two years old, my father still seemed to think I have to live away from them. He had bought me the finest house in Derry and made me take an oath to stay here. That's what I did from sixteen all the way up until now.

And one may ask, if it was such insanity happening here why would I stay? But the truth is, I was forbidden from having a life of my own. My corporate tycoon father and narcissistic mother only cared about being in control, they wanted a perfect daughter and when their daughter become a woman, and old enough to fend for herself. They suddenly realised there had to be actions put into place. One of the reasons I could not be independent is because I had been so reliant on my parents for so long, I simply had no idea how to handle housing, taxes and all that other stuff as dad had always done it for me.

Moving here wasn't easy, but after a few days I had gotten settled into my school. It wasn't long until I befriended many popular high school kids.
FLASHBACK CIRCA 1980