Chapter One.

The rain poured like streams down the streets of Derry and tapped vigorously against the window panes of houses. What a miserable day. Yet again.

I had been curled up in my soft, crimson red blanket glancing outside at the misery splattered against the glass. Another miserable day to do nothing- I thought to myself.

The TV was flickering back and forth through channels since the weather always interfered with the connections in my house. I had learnt to ignore it and rather listen to the crackling of my fire.

It was around 10:30pm. I was adopting back my old habits of staying up late. It was no good. Recently a little boy Georgie Denbrough had gone missing. The whole neighbourhood was devastated, the Denbrough family were the last people to deserve anything as tragic as that. I had seen Georgie run down the street on many occasions with his paper boat, trying to keep up with it. It brought a smile to my face. I could still hear the distinct laugh of Georgie, how haunting it was.

I had decided to go for a walk at 11:10pm. The rain had died down slightly but the bitter frost still bit the air like a ferocious dog, leaving me shivering slightly.

I left my house and headed towards the woodland opposite. The eerie feeling had engulfed the atmosphere and the snapping of the branches was the only sound to be heard. No birds, no children, nothing.

Some may ask why I even had the bravery to do this in such a troubled town but I never felt scared. I let my thoughts take over until all of the sudden someone's shoulder had forcefully hit mine.

"Watch where your-" I was suddenly stopped in my speech. A tall young man, around 6'4ft had also stopped. His eyes were blue and he had short slicked back hair from what I could make out. He looked like he had a blood red colour around his mouth.

He brought a whole atmosphere with him, I was not able to finish my sentence as he was so mesmerising. "They all float, you will too" he finally said with a raspy voice, before leaving abruptly. My heart was beating so fast, I decided to run home. What sort of creature was that?! - I thought to myself .

As soon as I had arrived home, I noticed my coat was stained with blood. The same shoulder, the stranger had hit me with. What on earth was he doing?

So many questions left unanswered.