~ Kushina x Minato Short Story ~

~Third POV~

Young Kushina sat at her desk, her right hand in a fist, holding her head up boredly, staring at the board, a strand of red hair fell into her eyes. She growled and tucked it behind her ear. The teacher droned on and on, Kushina wasn’t interested at all. She closed her eyes and drifted off into sleep. Her arm moved, thanks to gravity, and her face hit the desk. She didn’t move, and just kept it there, still sleeping.

“KUSHINA!” The teacher yelled at her. Her head shot up.

“WHATCHA WANT, YA’ KNOW?” She snapped, then seeing it was her teacher who called her, she shrunk back, getting snickers and taunts from the class.

“What was the answer?” The teacher asked.

“Which question?” She asked looking down at her paper.

“Question number two.” The teacher replied, looking at the paper he held in his hands with the answers. As soon as Kushina looked down at the paper she couldn’t understand anything. She gave up and slammed her hands on the desk, standing up.

“I DON’T NEED THESE QUESTIONS TO BECOME THE FIRST FEMALE HOKAGE, YA’ KNOW!” She yelled with a grin. Everyone laughed as she turned around and glared at them. Kushina was hot headed, and would beat them all up, if she was allowed to.

One kid didn’t see the glare she was sending, slamming his hand on the desk with hard laughter. “A female Hokage? And YOU as one? Don’t make me pee myself from laughter.” He wouldn’t stop laughing. Minato watched from his back seat in the class.

“I’ll become Hokage before you do!” Minato shouted, standing up and pointing to Kushina who glared at him.

“Ha! I’ll see you try! I’ll defeat all of you! And be the best female Hokage ever. Ya’ know!” And she sat down with that.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Kushina smiled softly at the memory, her hands holding the picture frame of two children, Minato and herself. They were grinning at the camera, hugging one another.

She dusted the spot where it layed and placed the picture back there. She grinned from ear to ear.

“I’m finally done with this! Ya’ know!” She grinned, doing a fistpump. Unaware that she said her catchphrase. Minato wasn’t home, he was out doing a mission with his team of Genin. She was bored being home. She glanced at her ninja headband that was on the nightstand next to her bed.

Minato told her not to go on any missions, but, she was running low on money. She grinned at the idea of just a small mission. A D-rank, doing some chores.

She nodded to herself. Yeah. Just a quick D-Rank. I’ll make some food for Minato with the money, for when he gets back. I’ll make his favorite.

She grabbed her headband and walked out of the house, locking the doors behind her. She put on her chunin jacket and looked left and right before running to the Hokage’s office. When she entered the first thing that came out from the Third’s mouth was “NO.”

“Oh come on! Just a D-Rank.” Kushina asked, her hands together in a plea.

“Minato made it clear that he didn’t want you going out on any missions without him.”

“PLEAASEEEEEE. I NEED THE MONEY! I WANT TO BUY INGREDIENTS FOR FOOD FOR HIM! COME ONNNNN.” She begged, her knees on the floor.

“No, Minato would have my head if I sent you out on a mission.”

“A D-RANK! JUST A LITTLE TINY D-RANK! PICKING WEEDS, CLEANING, BABYSITTING! ANYTHING. YA’ KNOW!” She swayed back and forth and put on a puppy dog face, her eyes wide and tears at the corner of them.