Intervention

Vexzin walked down the street quietly, holding her one backpack over her shoulder. She looked tired, her long bangs covering the sun from her eyes. She yawned as she climbed up the stairs to Daemon's apartment door.

She waited a little, composing herself before knocking. After a couple of minutes he opened the door.

"Hey, glad you could make it." He said, smiling a little. She paused a little and smiled back after a moment.

"T..Thank you for having me." She mumbled, and took off her backpack and holding it out for a moment. "I uh.. I brought some dessert."

He took the backpack from her hands and nodded, stepping out of the way so she could enter. She stepped in and shut the door behind herself, taking off her shoes as she's done many times in the past.

"..Its quiet." Vexzin commented. Not that it wasn't quiet. It was almost always quiet whenever she came over, but this was a different type of quiet. She could hear the shallow breaths of other people in the living room.

"I'm making tea, you can go sit down at the table." Daemon said and took her bag to the kitchen, gesturing her to go to the dining room. She nodded and slowly and quietly shuffled into the dining room. She knew that there were people there.

Daemon's mom was there, maybe Quia.. maybe even their father.

"Oh, Vexzin. Glad you could make it." Vexzin heard Daemon's mother say. At the sound of her voice, Vexzin looked up and finally noticed everyone there.

Quiari was there, Mystii, Noel, Myra, Erisia, and more of their mutual friends.

"Look who finally showed up." Quiari commented, taping the table with her fingertips.

"Sorry I'm late.." Vexzin mumbled, bowing her head ever so slightly. Quia sighed.

"I told you that I could've given you a ride. We live in the same house." Quia said, twirling a lock of hair on her finger. Vexzin bowed her head once again, apologizing.

"See. I told you we need an intervention." Myra said, throwing her hands in the air ever so slightly. "She won't stop apologizing. Its not good for anyone at this rate."

Vexzin apologized again, but she was so quiet that nobody heard her.

It was an awkward silence when Daemon returned with cups of coffee and tea.

"I got tea."

Everyone looked to him. It was silent until Mystii spoke up.

“She really needs an intervention.” She said, intertwining her fingers as a thoughtful look swept over her face.

“How so?” Daemon questioned, placing the tray on the table and handing out each cup to each person.

“She keeps apologizing and it's starting to get annoying.” Quia commented. Myra shot Quia a glare.

“You’re not helping her case.” Myra shot. Quiari rolled her eyes and crossed her hands, remaining quiet. Everyone looked at Vexzin and she shrunk a little.

“You need to stop apologizing and grow a backbone. You’re not that weak as you let on, and I know that.” Myra continued. “I saw you during Gym. Nothos gave you guys some crazy exercise and you did it so easily with no problem. You’re easily the best in that class.” Vexzin shrunk more at the compliments, blushing ever so slightly.

“W-Well yeah b..”

“No buts.” Eris said, crossing her arms. “In the lab yesterday, you were the only one who held the beaker correctly and didn't break a single thing.”

Vexzin’s eyes began to water. “W..Well yeah b..”

“During tech class, you were the first to fix the hard drive and even helped other people who were having trouble with it. You’re much better than you think.” Noel spoke finally.

The quiet timid girl was at a loss for words. She wiped at her eyes.

“Thank you.”