Chapter 9 - Guilty pleasure

Jamie

"I'm telling you, I don't trust him!" Chase informed me for the 50th time.

I rolled my eyes, "You don't even know the guy," I spoke of Michael.

"He's just so... mysterious..."

"Mysterious isn't always bad," I retorted.

"It normally is! Like when you read a fiction book or something them main character is all like, 'Oooh, this man is soooo beautiful and mysterious' and he turns out to be a werewolf... Or a vampire! So it's very possible that he will feed off your blood!" Chase ranted on, again.

That's when I realised something, "Wait..." I paused and smirked at him, "How do you know what vampire and werewolf books are like?"

He face flushed red and eyes widened. He turned his head to the side and rubbed his neck thinking I didn't see his blush.

Quirking an eyebrow, I spoke again, "Is there something you're not telling me Chase?"

"Um... Err... No?"

"Let me guess..." I rubbed my chin, "Guilty pleasure?"

Looked him dead in the eyes before bursting out laughing at his silence, "You read them!" I sobered up and looked into his glaring eyes, "D'you read fan fics?"

Once again, his silence told me the answer. "You do as well!"

"Shut up!" He scowled.

"What ones do you read - TV series or bands? Are you a wholock, sherlokian or a hunter? Or a superwholockian? Or do you read 1D ones?"

He mumbled something incoherent in which I leaned closer towards him, "What was that, Chase?" I put a hand to my ear.

"Wun diwectwon," He grumbled.

"Aw, Chasey poo!" I pinched his red cheeks.

He swatted my hands away then took a bite of his sandwich.

"What's going on here?" Amy quirked an eyebrow and sat down next to me and opposite Chase. She looked at Chase who was still blushing and then looked to me while I was still wearing my smirk.

"Well, Chase here-"

"Don't you dare!" He interrupted.

I shot him a glare, "As I was saying, Chase here was just telling me about a One Direction fan fic he's been reading recently,"

"Really? One Direction?" Amy and I now shared the same smirk and started teasing Chase.

"Yes. Now can we talk about something else?"

"Nope," Amy and I replied, both of us popping the 'p'.

Groaning, Chase shoved his head into his hands and made a noise from the back of his throat that sounded a lot like growling, "Can you not?"

"I'm afraid we can't 'not'," I smiled innocently while I took a bite of my apple.

"She's right. Now that we have the opportunity to tease you, we'll never stop," Amy inputted.

"Fabulous." His one word was muffled by his hand.

"We totes know sista!" I fling my hand to the side and over exaggerate a wink.

"I'm so going to make your lives a misery!" He looks Amy and I in the eye while pointing his index finger at us accusingly.

"Well darling... Let the games begin,"