Chapter 5 - Thief

Chapter 5 - Thief

Jamie

"Chase..." I moaned.

"Mhmm?"

"This ice cream is so good!" I exclaimed. Tehe, fooled you!

"Why did you think I brought you here?"

"I don't know," I said with a mouthful of chocolate ice cream. I pouted when I realised I didn't have any left.

"Come on," He walked towards the door and opened it with a ding.

Leaving the cool, crisp air, I happily walked out of the ice cream parlor and into the warmth. The sudden light blinded me at first, but then my eyes soon adjusted. Wrapping an arm around my shoulder, Chase licked the last bit of his ice cream, getting it on his nose. I gave him a look and shook my head laughing.

"What?"

"You have something on your nose," I pointed to the dollop of ice cream on his nose just begging to be eaten.

"Oh...." He darted his tongue out of his mouth and attempted to lick it off his nose.

"Missed." I voiced, "Missed, missed, missed, missed."

"Ugh, stupid tongue not being able to reach all that goody goodness,"

He attempted again.

"Failure..." I muttered.

"Fine." He grumbled, "You get it for me then," He winked.

"Alright," I shrugged before wiping his chocolate mint ice cream off his nose and onto the tip of my index finger. I waved it in front of his face making him open his mouth. Just before I put it into his mouth I plopped into mine, giving him an a shocked smile.

"Oh my gosh, you're right! This is good!"

"I. Am. Going. To. Kill. You." He threatened causing me to duck under his arm and run towards the beach.

 "Get back here, Jamie!" He shouted at my retreating back.

"Never!" I took a quick glance over my shoulder to see he was catching up to me.

"Jamie! You know I'll catch you,"

"I'll take my chances!" I shouted, making my legs pound faster as soon as they hit the sandy beach. What sucks, is that I'm terrible at running on sand. I mean, who even wants to run on sand? It's just so... difficult. I kept running as hard as I could. I took a quick glance over my shoulder just as Chase tackled me, making me release an 'oompf' from my mouth. We hurtled towards the sandy floor but at the last minute he spun us around so he took the fall causing me to land on his chest.

"Don't make me say I told you so," He spoke, "But I'm going to say it anyway... I told you so," He finished, making me roll my eyes.

 "Yeah, yeah, whatever,"

"Anyway," He started while scooping me into his arms and standing up, "I have certain..." He hesiated, "Things... to do because a certain someone stole my ice cream,"

I saw the corner of his mouth twitch up into a smirk as he headed towards the sea. Shaking my head frantically, words poured out of my mouth, "No, no, no, no, no, no, no! Please don't do this! Chase, think about this for a second, you'll totally regret this! Just, please, don't do this-" Squealing, I was flung into the air making me shrink into myself as I hit the cold salty water. I stayed under the water for a few seconds until I had an idea of my own. I thrashed about in the water for a few moments before going completely still. Seconds later, I pulled above the water by a panic stricken Chase. I struggled for air because I was too busy laughing at him.

Narrowing his eyes at me, he spoke, "Christ sake Jamie, don't do that to me again! I was so freakng worried!"

"I was only under for a couple of seconds," I raised my eyebrow.

"I don't care! Just don't do it again, please..."

"Ok," My voice was only just above a whisper.

We sat in the water for a few minutes in uncomfortable silence. I twiddled my thumbs awkwardly while taking shallow breaths. "So..." I started.

"So..." He continued.

"Um... Sorry..."

"It's ok... I just..." He sighed deeply while rubbing the back of his neck.

He looked down, "Chase..." I whispered, "Chase, what's wrong?" I grabbed his chin and forced him to look at me. His eyes were red from holding back tears, "Chase, what happened?"

He wrapped his strong arms around me and pulled me into a hug, "You remind me so much of Molly,"

"Molly? Who's Molly?"

"I-I... I can't tell you,"

"Why not?" I pushed.

"I just can't, ok?!" He snapped, pulling away from the hug. My body shivered at the loss of contact.

"Oh, sorry... Just... Tell me when you're ready," I pulled him back into hug. He tensed for a bit before relaxing into my touch.

"Thank you Jamie," He whispered eventually.

"For what?"

"For talking to me,"

"Oh,"

"I thought you wouldn't remember me. I'm just so glad you did," I smiled into his shoulder. The water splashed up against my body causing me to shiver and wrap my arms tighter around Chase's warm body.

"Come on," He mumbled pulling away from me, "Lets go get dry,"

He pulled me towards the small town where there were lots of little shops lined up in a row.

"Wait here," He let go of my hand and rounded the corner. I waited in my soggy clothes so what seemed like forever. I heard shouting in the distance so I looked round the corner to see the commotion only to be slammed into.

"Christ sake! Watch where you're-" I was suddenly being pulled up. When I saw who was doing the dragging, I stood up properly and made my legs run in sync with his.

"Seriously Chase! What the hell!" I looked down at his hands and saw some clothes and a towel.

"Oh my god, Chase. You didn't steal these did you?"

He shrugged, "They're not going to miss it,"

"Christ," I muttered as we kept on running. What's happened to this boy?

_________________________________________________________________________________

Yeah, yeah, I know, it's short. But I just wanted to write something. I hope you enjoyed it all the same though :D Happy reading! Ta, ta! c:

Vote <3

Follow <3

Comment <3

- Bee